One & Done: Only child

So happy!

I know we've discussed potty training here lately and I wanted to brag that DS is doing so well.

He recently started telling us when he needs to go instead of us asking him if he needs to go and taking him to the potty. He still wears the diaper during the night but I am so happy that he's potty trained during the day.

I am so happy that we wont have to deal with potty training another child.

Thanks for reading my brag and brag away about how awesome your kid is!!

our one and only *

DS - 2011

Re: So happy!

• That is awesome and I am willing to fully admit I am jealous!

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Loading the player...
  • eyenigh said:
    I'm happy for you. I can't wait. Mine has no interest. Yesterday he started pooping and when I rushed him to the potty, he pinched it off and yelled "NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!" He wouldn't finish until I put a diaper on.
    That is so funny. We've had the same issue with DS couple of times. I posted earlier last week that the poo was coming out as I was trying to sit him on the potty. Its so much easier once they're potty trained. I am so relived and happy. I feel like this is such a huge milestone and I can tell he's so proud of himself.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• How exciting!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• That is awesome and I am willing to fully admit I am jealous!

Stuck in the box!

I started potty training DS full time after one of my close friends potty trained her son who is younger than DS. I was a bit jealous too because DS didn't show interest the last time we tried.
    She encouraged me to give it a try it again and see if he's ready.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• TittsMcGeeTittsMcGee member
    edited July 2014
    Yay!!! How funny is it that our LOs are doing good with potty training?! My brag will also be the same. It's our second week & he has been doing great! Haven't had a pee accident since the weekend that we started & the last poo accident was last Monday but we had someone over to the house & I think he was just feeling awkward since he didn't know the person & I wasn't at his disposal like I usually am (was answering a ton of questions.) Anyway, DS is also extremely happy when he goes so I think that's a great sign of things to continue as is & with hopefully no setbacks. We only have one roll or whatever you want to call it of diapers left so once we're done with those, we're going to get nighttime pullups since he was on a "let's get undressed & take my diaper off before falling asleep" binge a while ago so I want to make the switch for when he sleeps. But YES, I'm so thrilled to just do this once. It was a lot easier than I envisioned but I think he was ready which is great because it coincided with when we had to get him potty trained! Such a big milestone! :D
    I was just wondering how your DS was doing. They seem to be reaching milestones around the same time. I am getting sad thinking about how fast he's growing up but I am happy that we are almost 100% done with diapers.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• YAY!! That's so awesome!
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • That's seriously awesome! Yay :)
  • TittsMcGeeTittsMcGee member
    edited July 2014
    lildis09 said:
    DD will sit on the potty quite happily, if fully dressed. If you attempt to put her on naked or even try to get her to pull down her pants its a full on meltdown. :( But...she tells me when she needs her diaper changed...so we've at least got that going for us. LOL

Its important to take small steps. When we tried potty training DS earlier this year he would have a meltdown every time we tried to sit him on the potty.

I am actually surprised it happened so quickly this time around.

our one and only *

DS - 2011

• meo34meo34 member

Congrats to all the potty trainers.  It is a wonderful moment when you realize you are done with diapers and don't have to go back!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"