Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Getting ready for work with a 10.5 month old

Now that my DS is moving around more, I'm finding it harder to get ready without him getting really impatient with me. Where do u put ur LO while u take a shower, do ur makeup, etc?

Re: Getting ready for work with a 10.5 month old

• RedDDDRedDDD member
    I try to be up before she gets up....that is the only way.  Then once she is up I get her dressed and put her in her high chair with some snacks and a sippy and (flame away if you want) I turn on Dora and she will sit there for about 20 min without complaining.  But that is the only way I can get my 2 year old ready as well.  Its a Sh*t show  :)
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I have one of those bouncy swing chairs that attach to the molding of your door frame. DS will happily bounce in the doorway of the bathroom for 20-30 minutes, but only in the morning.

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• We have a jumper but I think he's getting close to the weight limit so I have to figure out an alternative. He hates when I leave him in another room.
  • I have one of those bouncy swing chairs that attach to the molding of your door frame. DS will happily bounce in the doorway of the bathroom for 20-30 minutes, but only in the morning.

This is what I do also and it's been working like a charm!
  • amiefamief member
    Lock her in the bathroom with me while I shower. I do this before I get her dressed because she tries climbing in the shower and ends up soaked. 

I then lock her in the bedroom with me while I get ready. I just make sure I've left myself plenty of time to stop getting ready to stop her from chewing on a power cord. 
    This is pretty much what we do too.  I just bring him from room to room with me, bring a toy or two and let him crawl around nearby.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LEMSALEMSA member
    We have a seperate tub/shower. So I put him in the tub w toys (no water) Occassionally put the iPad on the counter to a show. I can shower and get dressed before he gets bored. Then I get him ready, play a little...put back in the tub for hair and makeup. I have to allow an extra 30/45 mins. But for the most part he doesn't mind being in the bathtub w his toys
  • KD+BCKD+BC member
    I bring the space saver into the bathroom and he eats breakfast while I shower. Then he crawls around and plays while I get ready.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I try to get ready before he wakes up but if he gets up early i put him in his jumper & put on a Baby Einstein movie. He loves Baby Einstein movies & he can't get into anything.
  • Since LO is up at a ridiculous hour, I put LO in his crib with some toys while I shower- I get skeeved out with him crawling around in the bathroom floor and he always goes right to the toilet. ew. I do my hair washing at night and just take a quick rinse. Then I just lock us in the bedroom and bring in some toys so he has something to keep him distracted. He usually just ends up hanging onto my legs and the dresser where I do my makeup. 
  • I give him to my husband or 10 year odl while I get ready. If i have to have him, i put him inw hatever room im in with some toys
  • jtmomma13 said:
    Since LO is up at a ridiculous hour, I put LO in his crib with some toys while I shower- I get skeeved out with him crawling around in the bathroom floor and he always goes right to the toilet. ew. I do my hair washing at night and just take a quick rinse. Then I just lock us in the bedroom and bring in some toys so he has something to keep him distracted. He usually just ends up hanging onto my legs and the dresser where I do my makeup. 
    Yeah, this is why I avoid the bathroom too. She always wants to crawl around and touch the toilet.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"