1st Trimester
Options

I should be happy. But I'm not.

I'm so worried about so many things with this pregnancy.  Money of course is the main source.  Things are so much tighter than ever and I swore to myself that if I had another child I would stay home for a year or two to raise them.  The past two years, working and being away from my son has been a challenge I never could have imagined.  I'm not cut out to be a working mother, I don't want it all, I don't.  I just want my babies.  And now, the possibility of it it not happening is throwing me into a horrible depression.  When I looked at my baby on the US screen today, I wanted to be happy, but all I could come up with was worry and anxiety.  Will we keep our home?  Will I have be able to be home with our kids?  Will we lose it all?  I should be happy...but I'm so so sad and nobody understands.  Sorry, if this is all a mess...typing isn't the best between tears. 
my blog: mama quiere beso
Joaquin's hospital and Isela's birth center med & intervention free "hypnobabies" birth stories

Re: I should be happy. But I'm not.

• Options
    I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. I too would love to be a SAHM but it's not possible for us so I just have to be thankful that we're having a baby. I also remind myself that in the time that I'm not at work, I'll be spending with my husband and child and really have to cherish it. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you. Is it possible to work some extra now to save so you can stay home longer?
  • Options
    Times are tough.. and you are definitely not alone. Try not to let it stress you too much because all of the worry will affect your baby. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know exactly what you're feeling. I feel the same way a lot lately. This pregnancy was definitely not planned, but I have decided that I'm just not going to entertain any negative thoughts. When one creeps in, I remind myself that every baby is born exactly when it's supposed to be so it can become the person it was meant to be. Thinking negative thoughts won't solve anything. It's not going to magically make things better. You will be fine(as will I) because there just isn't any other option.
    Evelyn-Mommy to Ben 9.20.05 and Emily 5.14.07 and Callie 7.10.09! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for what you're going through.  Sad  Just try to take one day at a time and cherish every moment you can.  I know it's difficult to stay positive and optimistic through times like these but you sound like a very devoted and dedicated mother who would do anything for her children.  Keep going strong and great things will come your way.  Just really try to take one thing at a time and maybe close your eyes for a minute each day or when you're really feeling down and focus on all the wonderful things in your life!  It works for me... best of luck!
    My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • Options
    **HUGS** I'm sorry. I had a spell of that today when I got so upset thinking about how staying home would just NOT be possible for me at all. I don't know what to say to make it feel better. Sometimes I think you've just got to work through those feelings.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know how you feel I'd like to be able to stay at home but DH is afraid he will get laid off then we will have no insurance and income so I'll have to continue working to pay for our house and things but I am trying to work things out with my boss for the first 6 months to bring the baby in and work from home but after that 6 months it will be daycare which sucks!
  • Options

*hugs* I feel the same way so many days. We're going to be moving next month to a new state, and it's going to be up and down for us in terms of stability for ?a few months. With this harsh economic environment, I always have a lot of questions. This is an unplanned pregnancy - my first - and it's happening during a very uncertain time. My husband is the optimist - thank goodness - and he always tells me to stay positive, because good things will happen, they just take longer. I'm going to be a SAHM not out of choice - not much demand for writers these days! :( I some day hope to finish grad school to become a teacher, but at this point, it's one-day-at-a-time.?

Do feel free to vent any time. My heart goes out to you!?

"Develop an interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music -- the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls, and interesting people. Forget yourself." - Henry Miller
  • Options

Oh, I'm sorry you have worry clouding your excitement.  I can only think this is completely normal.  You still have plenty of time to figure things out, and I really hope things work out in your favor.

Girl, don't worry!!!  Everything will work out one way or another!!

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry you're going through this. A lot of us are in the same boat with having to work. Can you work part-time for a little while? Do you have the option to work from home at all? Do you have relatives close by who can watch your baby, so you feel good knowing a family member is doing it?

Just remember everything happens for a reason, and daycare isn't the worst thing in the world. I've actually read it's good for them in some ways because of the socialization and independence.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"