Success after IF

sharp, poking vaginal pains?

I get pains every now and then that feels like something sharp is poking me up in the vagina. They are sharp, but only last a second or two and then go away and come back again a few minutes or hours later......

does anyone else get these?  are they normal stretching?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sharp, poking vaginal pains?

• Its probably normal aches and pains of pregnancy. As someone else said to you earlier today, you should try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Every post that you make is about worrying about either an incompetent cervix or a pain that you feel. If you're so worried, call your doctor. None of us on here can diagnose what is causing this pain or that pain.

Have you tried the standard drinking water and laying on your left side? I hear that can help growing pains...

• I know you've been worrying a lot about your pregnancy and I know your mom is probably making you worry more.  I had twins, so I can relate to what you are feeling and I actually changed obs at 6 months because the OB I was with wouldnt' explain the pains I was feeling, she just kept telling me they were nothing to worry about.  I was asked once, if my worrying was going to stop anything from happening, or was it just going to prevent me from enjoying my pregnancy.  I went home thinking that and tried to enjoy the remainder.  I gave birth at 38 weeks 1 day.  You are going to feel so much stretching, cramping, pulling, stabbing pains but everything is more than likely normal. 

I called the OB each and every time I felt I was getting too worried about something and I think that may help you as well.  Remember that with twins, your uterus is growing large very quickly.  I was told you couldn't feel anything happening with your cervix.  Funny story, I called my OB because I swore that I was actually going to give birth to one of the babies.  They had me come to L&D.  When I got there, I explained the pain and she hooked me up, got u/s equipment and did an internal.  My cervix was over 4, long and closed up nice and tight but baby A was bearing down on it.  It stayed closed.  He said he could feel her head pressing on my cervix but it never opened. 

I didn't respond to your work post.  I worked until 29 weeks (I work with very small children 18-36 months), and my OB said I shouldn't work past 29 weeks.  I tried but my body just couldn't handle the job.  Listen to your body.  When it says it's time, you'll know and there is no way I could be the kind of mom I want to be to my two babies and work full time, so I work 17 hours a week.  Anyway I'm babbling and it's late. 

Happy New Year!!!

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • That's the "lightening crotch" people on here talk about, or a form of RLP. It's because the ligaments around your pelvis move when your body releases a hormone called relaxin-- they have to move apart during your pregnancy in order for you to give birth. Nerves get pulled and trapped and that causes the stabbing vag pain.

It's completely normal.

I've stressed about these things through my pregnancy, too, but most aches and pains in pregnancy are completely normal.

• I think that is lightening crotch.  I am pretty sure I experienced it the other day (I described it to DH like a razor blade going down my little lady)  I hear it is very normal, but it is still hard not to worry with such a pain in such an important area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ditto pp's - sounds like lightening crotch!!

I know it's easier said than done... but really try to relax some and enjoy your pregnancy! It will be over before you know it!  And you are being monitored by good doctors and receiving great care - they'll let you know if there is something you need to be concerned about!

Hannah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"