March 2014 Moms
Options

Gtky: small business

If you had the means/time/money to open a small business, what would it be?

I would open a cat hotel.  I saw one once on Animal Planet.....each room was about the size of a doctor's exam room and there was one kitty per room (unless requested, like if the owner had two cats that got along) so the cat wouldn't be in a cage at any time and the door had a glass panel so you could watch them without disturbing them.  In their room they had a bed, food and water and a play area....and I guess litterbox, I can't remember how they handled that.

I would make a bigger room with lots of stuff to play with and each cat would get solo time to play in there each day, and each room would be equipped with a camera so owners could peek in and see how their kitty is doing.  I have two cats and I don't want any more (omg the hair) but I think it would be fun to own a small business where you could just play with kitties all day.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: Gtky: small business

• Options

HMM theres so many things I would like to open !

-I would love to open a children's boutique / monogram shop.

- A dance studio

-My SIL and I have seriously considered opening a special needs daycare. She's a special needs teacher currently in our school system and I worked at a daycare for years and I loved it. Theres just no places around here for young children to go to daycare where they can get all the special help / attention they need !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I would open my own assisted living facility. It is something that I have always wanted to do but just don't have the upfront money.

Or a cloth diaper store, omg I am addicted to cloth!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    snow527 said:
    MH and I opened a pizza shop a few years ago. We flipped an existing location and changed the name and menu. It was fun but stressful! I would do it again :)

That's so cool, my DH wants to open a bar / restuarnt . I told him its too late for all that , that's very time consuming !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I'd sew.
    I love to sew.
    But I wouldn't do it 'on demand'. At least, not with a short turn around time frame.
    I could take orders, but may give like a 2 month delivery... I'm a perfectionist and don't like being rushed.

I guess ideally, I would create and sew a lot ahead of time, then open my shop. I could continue to create while running the business.

DH would like to own his own store again. He used to own a grocery store.
    I think when the kids are a bit older he might be interested in doing it again.
    He wants to work closer to home...and we would both like to move out of the city, so we could move where we would like to live and do just that.
  • Options
    Fun!!

For a serious business:
    I'm a licensed psychotherapist specializing in children and adolescents; I'd love to own my own practice

For funsies:
    I'd like to do catering

I make wreaths for our home for the various seasons/holidays and have had people ask me to make them ones they can purchase before, so I could do that

I used to teach piano lessons throughout high school and college, I sometimes think it'd be fun to do that again

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My husband wants to open a bottle shop for beer...he is into all sorts of specialty beer. I would love to own a bakery!! I love baking an actually going to make a small cake for a family members wedding for them to cut. I need to practice so I will be eating lots of cake this month
  • Options
    ntdanentdane member
    I would love to open a book store with a coffee shop and wine bar. It would be fun to combine three of my favorite things. I seriously considered at least the coffee shop portion when we moved to this area as the only two here close at 4:00 and 6:00 and it's a small college town. I did most of my college studying in coffee shops so that just boggles my mind. I'm kind of glad I didn't because a Starbucks is going into one of the new university buildings and I'm sure that would kill the business.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My husband and I have mused about opening something but I could only see it working in certain places.

It'd be called Tobacco and Tea, a lot like @ntdane‌ s idea. We'd have a cigar lounge and Tea and whisky, wine and a small patisserie. Two separate rooms for the tea vs cigar lounge. We'd have high tea and do luncheons. Le sigh

Lilypie First Birthday tickers   
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I have long dreamed of a cafe with a craft shop. I would have pottery painting and other crafts with a small coffee shop and cafe (desserts, pastries, sandwiches). At night I would have events with appetizers and wine. It would be awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    textimage

• Options
    MH and I have talked about opening a used book store or a bagel place.
  • Options
    @kaking78‌ make it both!!

I can see the name now...
    "Used Bagels and Books"
    Lol.
    It would certainly draw attention. ;)
  • Options
    Another idea I had was to open a movie theater that only plays older movies.....not classics, but stuff that maybe people love but were too young to see at the theater when it came out.  I've always loved the movie Dirty Dancing but I was in the secon grade when it came out (what were my parents thinking when they let me rent it?) and for its 20th anniversary it was in select theaters for a couple of days.  I loved being able to see it on the big screen.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options

My husband wants to open a bottle shop for beer...he is into all sorts of specialty beer. I would love to own a bakery!! I love baking an actually going to make a small cake for a family members wedding for them to cut. I need to practice so I will be eating lots of cake this month

This is mh and I. I would love to own a bakery/coffee shop and we both love local craft beers and would love to do a little shop that's a bakery/coffee/brewery lol. But DH already owns a business so that takes all our time, energy and money :-/ maybe when we retire I'll get my little shop in a cute retirement/vacation town.
  • Options
    I too already have a small etsy shop that I love! If I could I'd open a cute little boutique to feature my stuff, other cute stuff and have a studio space above to work in/have classes!
    One of my other dream businesses would be a spin off my current job to open a place to offer classes for preschoolers like music/dance/sport intros etc. just session style classes for 2-5yro! It would be so fun!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"