March 2014 Moms
Options

Maaaann, the biting started.

Any other nursing moms have a biter? Between yesterday and today, James has clamped down hard and yanked on my nip (growling included) 3 times. Not cool! Is this teething or a terrible sense of humor? He's also been congested and had a fever of just 99.4.

Re: Maaaann, the biting started.

• Options
    jbellejbelle member
    My DD does the bite/bear down and twist move; it's often followed by the sound of gas or poop she's working out. I do not look forward to when she gets teeth! I usually say "oh oh oh, don't bite Mommy!" and she'll look up at me quizzically, and I can usually laugh it off then. I swear she does it less and less since I've started saying this… which makes me sound like a loon. I have no advice, but I will commiserate!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    Also commiserating. My little guy is awful and I've screamed a few times which startles him. I am dreading teeth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mfarmer0811mfarmer0811 member
    edited July 2014
    My mil told me I would have to start "popping" him on the hand and saying no. Ummmmm pretty sure spanking my 4 month old is not going to happen!!
    Eta: forgot "not" before going
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    Yes! DS likes to frequently give me "niplash" because so many things are much more interesting than nursing, such as DH or the dogs walking by, anything making noise, or just because he can! I say firmly "OUCH" and he just gives me a very serious look and then laughs- why yes, it is hilarious dear! I dread the teeth coming in!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jrw526jrw526 member
    Exactly what @lovethatdirtywater‌ said. DS was about 7 months when he started biting. Unlatching him, telling him no firmly and sitting him on the floor for a few seconds worked wonders. He probably only bit me 3 times before he realized he wasn't getting the boob if he did that.
  • Options

Jillian started doing this in the last week or so-ouch!

Sorry, side note.... I love the name Jillian :) very sweet
  • Options
    Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    Yes she's done this a few times. Usually when she's getting ready to poop or when she's having reflux. Ouch!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"