High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD 2+ers

I received my lab numbers from my 3 hour GD test yesterday and I failed it. The dr hasn't called me yet to tell me. I think that will happen tomorrow. I know he will want me to meet with the nutritionist again. However, DH does not want to spend the money on this again because it was $600 when i went during my first pregnancy and he doesn't think they will have new information to tell me. What do you all think? Have you gone back for nutritional counseling for the second or more times that you were diagnosed with this? Was it helpful?

Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage

Re: GD 2+ers

• Options

Not a GDer, but I've been Type 1 for 22 years.  Personally I have always dreaded meeting with nutritionists/dieticians, however I'm always happy that I did.  Not really because they have any new groundbreaking information to tell me (occationally there is a change in research that I'm not up on mind you) but because it is a really good refresher course on what I am supposed to do.

Relying on experience is good but personally I need a kick in the pants every once and a while to keep me on track.  Also from what I know of GD (which admittedly is probably not as much as you know) it can react very differently the second time around.  My gut reaction is to tell you to spend the money.

• Options
    I had GD with my second pregnancy which resulted in a loss, so for my next diagnosis it was only 6 or so months from the first and I actually requested to go again.  For some reason what I was doing wasn't working, and the refresher helped solidify what I need to do and also gave me good ideas for more food choices.  Like PPs said, I was also worried that what if it was different this time and I actually needed to eat more or fewer carbs....so for me it was beneficial.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your replies. I actually haven't heard from my dr yet. I've been testing though and following the diet from previously. My fasting numbers are 100+. So I will follow his advice and go see the nutritionist. I have an appt on Wed so I know I'll be talking to him then.

@angelsnight‌ - I'm so sorry for your loss! Thank you for sharing that with me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your replies. I actually haven't heard from my dr yet. I've been testing though and following the diet from previously. My fasting numbers are 100+. So I will follow his advice and go see the nutritionist. I have an appt on Wed so I know I'll be talking to him then. @angelsnight‌ - I'm so sorry for your loss! Thank you for sharing that with me.
    Thank you <3
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    I had GD with my first and am not pregnant with my second. I passed my early GTT this time around but go again in a few weeks. I already made the decision to decline a nutritionist consult if I do not pass. IMO if I've already had the consult, what would be different this time around? GL with your decision!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"