October 2012 Moms

moving vent

I am just so frustrated and overwhelmed.  I have been telling my husband for months that we need to start packing, but no he didn't want to start packing till we had a place to go.  We now have a place to move, but only have till the 24th before he starts his job and we can't start moving in till the 21st.  Even with having so little time to get moved over I can't get him motivated to do much packing.  I have been doing what I can, but I am pregnant and can't do much and anyways I spend most of the time chasing down a toddler because he is either sleeping or at work.  His last day will be Saturday and we start moving Monday.  He has done some work especially when his family was here helping, but I still feel like I have done twice as much as him.  He also took a truck load and put it in our storage unit there.  This place is also smaller than our current location and has no storage space, but it was the only place we could find in our price range that wasn't horrible.

People have offered to help, but its always a maybe or they back out.  His mom, brother and sister were supposed to be coming to help this Sunday, but his sister backed out.  His mom can only do about as much as me, probably even less. His dad was going to help us on his days off, but those days changed.  My parents are going to try and come Tuesday and Wednesday with unloading, but my dad hasn't heard on if they are giving him the time off yet.  My brother might come if he has those days off, but he refuses to look at his schedule till the weekend.  I just wish I knew who was actually coming and when so we at least have someone to help DH with the lifting.

Plus I am not sure about whether I need to find daycare once we get there.  DH starts work on the 24th and I start on Aug. 8.  We were talking about having his mom or sister, but it is a 45 minute drive for his mom and I don't know how reliable his sister is going to be or even if she can start by the 8th.  I was hoping to discuss it with them while they are here on Sunday, but now SIL is not coming.  Right now she is working at a summer camp that has very little cell phone service.  I am worried that if we do need daycare that we won't be able to find one in time or one that will also have room for infant twins.
Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    

Re: moving vent

• Thanks, 

I will say at least I am not my cousin who is 34 weeks and just found out they are moving as well.  If her baby comes early she will have the baby where she lives.  If she has the baby on time it will be where they are moving.  I can't imagine trying to find a new doctor this late in the game.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
  • Huge hugs for you. I hope it all works out for you. Can you call a few of the daycare centers before you move and ask questions, then if you have to find daycare you will already have a list of them to visit. I hope your husband kicks it in gear come go time for the move.

• Loading the player...
  • I am also moving and can't imagine doing it pregnant and with little help. In my case - I don't think he can see the big picture like I can. Sometimes I catch him drinking beer watching tv in the garage because he thinks he has packed everything he can. I then list off 10 things to do and he literally had no idea. It is beyond annoying. It will be over before you know it.

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"