December 2013 Moms
Options

Separation Anxiety - anyone else?

It seems like DS is already suffering from separation anxiety. We'll be playing, I'll set him down on his play mat, turn my back and he starts shrieking and crying. Like, to the point where DH ran out of the bedroom because he thought DS hurt himself.

DS has become so much more vocal lately and this new cry is terrible. It's even worse when he's tired and since DS does not know how to nap, it's basically all the time.
Anyone else? When do they grow out if this? I feel like almost 8 months old is a little on the early side for this but what do I know.

Re: Separation Anxiety - anyone else?

• Options
    Actually I think they say it starts around 6-8 months, so you are right on time. I'm sorry, I know it has to be so tough. DS doesn't have it yet, but since I stay home and it's just him and me all the time, basically I am doomed and am just waiting for it to happen. :(

Hang in there momma!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DS has been starting this too and he will yell "mama" in his cry. It is so heartbreaking, he has also become leery of new people like he doesn't cry if they hold him as long as he can see me...hang in there it sucks
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lifesaverzlifesaverz member
    edited July 2014
    Yup, it has definitely started here too. I read it can start as early as 6-7 months, gets especially bad around 10 months, & usually resolved by 18 months. So we've got awhile of this. :(.

My LO has started being sensitive to other people holding her besides me or DH...she had even cried with the grandparents lately which is awful. I'm off work right now but I'll be going back part time eventually & the idea of her freaking out while I'm gone truly terrifies me. I worked full time from when she was 3-6 months & the grandparents each watched her once a week, so the fact that she is crying with them even though she is used to them worries me. The other day we left LO with MIL just long enough to go see a movie. She was fine when we left but when we got back she had been crying for 20 minutes & was totally freaking out. :(
  • Options
    Yes, same here!
  • Options
    We just started seeing this in the last week.
  • Options
    I can't leave the room at all without him crying. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This is the same for me too!

• Options
    Happening here too. I revisited the wonder weeks website that I've been using as a reference and there is a wonder week at 26ish weeks and it's about relationships and the babies are more clingy. Not sure what your LOs due date was but it's spot on for my little guy
  • Options
    This is my LO too! It stinks, especially because we are visiting family now and she won't let anyone hold her. :( sorry!!
  • Options
    HncampHncamp member
    Same going on over here the last few weeks! Sometimes even being able to see us isn't enough.
  • Options
    Yep. Sounds like what's going on with H, too. She wails when I leave the room and it's her hurt/scared cry. Pretty heartbreaking. :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    bty19bty19 member
    Starting here too.

• Options
    Yes, Finn just started it this week. I remembered it happening later with DS1. It's been pretty rough. I work and he's been doing the same thing on the days my Mom watches him. He ever cried for the first time Wed. during daycare drop off. I've been wearing him in the Ergo a ton when I'm home.

• Options

This is the same for me too!

Yup. Us too. In fact, one time I wanted to show DH how bad it was, I stepped around the corner and he immediately started screaming and I peeked my head out and he giggled. We did this 3 times. DH doesn't get how exhausting it is to not be able to leave his side. My house is a mess and he hardly ever naps so nothing gets done.

My husband doesn't get it either! Like I just want to pee without hearing a screaming baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"