April 2013 Moms
Options

Should I let him eat peanut butter crackers for the rest of his life??

Guys I am not even kidding when I say I have the pickiest eater on the planet! I have been giving him a full plate, including fruit, veggies, grain, dairy, and protein at lunch and dinner for about 3 months. I am sure that his plate includes things he likes and things he doesn't. The only food he will eat includes peanut butter crackers, crackers of any sort, Cheerios, goldfish, teddy Graham's, and yogurt.. That's pretty much it. And he's starting to refuse the purees, which was my only way of getting fruits and veggies in his mouth. He's a healthy boy, in the 56% for weight! but this is making me crazy! I'm guessing it's a texture issue since everything he does eat is a crunchy carb. Any tips? I can't get him to eat ANYTHING!!!!!

Re: Should I let him eat peanut butter crackers for the rest of his life??

• Options
    As long as the weight is stable I wouldn't worry. These kiddos go through such ridiculous food phases. Warner is FINALLY at 16 months starting to like protein (in meat form) - but only Chicken and usually I have to mix it with a little apple sauce or red sauce. He went on an all-Cheerios spree for a while. He also demands "cheese!" about 457 times a day. Peanut butter has good protein and natural fat, just keep offering alternatives! Sounds like a classic toddler food protest to me!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    Yep I just posted about this last week! Ella only wants watermelon and meat..everything she used to love she will throw and refuse. Dr wasn't concerned but it's frustrating
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am right there with you, his food list that doesn't end up on the floor is getting smaller and smaller.

He only likes sweet things, no meat, no cheese

We are now down to only:

PB&J sandwiches
    Strawberries
    Pouches - only the sweet ones, good thing the Mighty 4 sneaks in veggies
    Yogurt
    Sweet potato fries
    Frozen waffles/pancakes

and thank god for these homemade muffins I make that I shred carrots and zucchini in to sneak some other veggies in - he still eats those... for now
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I honestly wouldn't be giving my kid stuff like teddy Grahams if he was refusing to eat anything else. Try to stick to healthy stuff and don't worry too much if he doesn't eat it all. I always give Rhys a veggie, meat or beans, and fruit form"dessert". Some days he doesn't touch the veggies, but I just keep giving it. Your kid is not going to let himself starve to death, so just be persistent!
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Options
    @pinottoparenthood that's just it. He's NEVER eaten fruits, veggies, meat, pastas, cheese, etc. Should I just stop giving the snacks in hopes he will start eating healthy stuff? I've tried that once and he literally didn't eat anything all day except yogurt and drank milk. I guess he won't starve, he will eat the other stuff if he's hungry enough, right ?
  • Options
    @pinottoparenthood that's just it. He's NEVER eaten fruits, veggies, meat, pastas, cheese, etc. Should I just stop giving the snacks in hopes he will start eating healthy stuff? I've tried that once and he literally didn't eat anything all day except yogurt and drank milk. I guess he won't starve, he will eat the other stuff if he's hungry enough, right ?

Well, my kid isn't picky so I might be the wrong person to ask. It's easy for me to say that you should just give Him the healthy stuff. Maybe try only offering non-snack foods at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but he can have a snack between meals to help make up for missed calories? If he likes yogurt, try mixing fruit in with that at first. Just keep offering. Rhys refusedtomeat green beans for like a month but has FINALLY started eating them.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"