Baby Showers

Thank you cards

I hope this isn't a duplicate post. I really tried to find my answer...but couldn't. I plan on sending individualized thank you notes...but my hostess sent out most of the baby shower invites via email. Most of those who were invited don't really use regular mail and/or end up ripping up anything they get in the mail (my dad almost ripped up my wedding invite a couple of years ago). Would it be rude to also send out email thank you cards? I think the same website that my sister sent out the invites does thank you cards as well and I want to make it individualized and then I can match the invite she sent out. I know some people have their guest write out their addresses on envelopes at the baby shower, but I am not really sure I like that idea...plus she doesn't plan on doing the whole raffle thing. Are email thank yous ok considering that the invites were sent via email as well?
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Thank you cards

• I don't mind.. I actually prefer to do handwritten thank yous rather than an email. I think it's more personal plus if people take the time to come I should take the time to thank them for it. Just my opinion. I will email them for their addresses.
  • Agree with both of the above.

PLEASE do not ask guests to address their own envelopes at the shower to circumvent getting the addresses. I wouldn't mind writing my address down so the MTB would HAVE it, but if I'm addressing my own envelope, I feel like I should supply my own stamp too.
  • Loading the player...
  • To be honest not sure why they would either..it is a quality both my father and father in law share...I guess it's just their "thing"..I have seen them literally sit there and rip up Mail all the time. But like PP said if they rip up my thank you card that's on them.
  • VORVOR member
    it is a quality both my father and father in law share...
    I would guess that they are probably the minority.  Most people still "use" regular mail to some degree and I would expect that most people do look at their mail first to ensure they don' tdo exactly this- rip up real mail vs junk.
  • VORVOR member
    Darbie914 said:

I guess I'm a little different when it comes to mail.  I don't usually hang onto cards/invitations for very long.  Once I receive it, I'll put it up on my refrigerator for awhile but then I toss it when I do my deep kitchen cleaning.  I guess I just don't see why I would hang onto it or what I would do with it - put it in a box with other cards for what?  Chances of me going through and reading them again are slim to none.

::shrugs::
    What does this have to do w/ this post? 
  • VORVOR member
    Darbie914 said:

See above posts where people mention when others will rip up/throw away cards.
    Right - meaning BEFORE they even open the mail.  That's what the OP is asking.  No one is talking about whether people hold on to these items for sentimental reasons to look at later.
  • mrsfinni said:
    Just write out the thank you notes and mail them. If people rip them up without even bothering to look at what it is, then that's on them. Seriously though, who rips up something that is obviously a card? WTH is up with that?
    I agree with this.  I definitely rip up everything that isn't a bill or obviously something sent to me from someone I know (meaning cards/invites).  Just blindly ripping up everything in the mailbox seems totally ridiculous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MandJS said:
    mrsfinni said:
    Just write out the thank you notes and mail them. If people rip them up without even bothering to look at what it is, then that's on them. Seriously though, who rips up something that is obviously a card? WTH is up with that?
    I agree with this.  I definitely rip up everything that isn't a bill or obviously something sent to me from someone I know (meaning cards/invites).  Just blindly ripping up everything in the mailbox seems totally ridiculous.
    I can't wait for the day someone sends them a check for money owed or a birthday present or something. Rip it up blindly!!!!!
    I really wish I could say that I can't wait for that to happen either...but they have done that on many occasions when we send them a check. I agree with PP...I don't get it and it doesn't make sense to me either. But that is an issue for their wives to handle...LOL
  • Who would rip up every single piece of mail they receive without looking at it??? What do they do, get the mail and just start throwing it into the fireplace? Or it goes straight into the shredder? I am mostly "paperless" and end up recycling most of our mail, but i take 5 seconds to go through it first.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"