Adoption
Options

Another Couple Left our Agency..??

As you can see from my ticker below- we've been approved and waiting 17 months. When we started with our primary NJ agency, they said 'average wait for a health Caucasian child is 1-2 years." We understand that our profile is narrowed by race and that this time is only an average.

In January there were some sudden staffing changes and so a meeting was basically demanded by all of the adoptive couples (ourselves included) and the agency director. Tough questions were asked- like how their placements for last year (8) were far below their agency average. Why were they accepting new couples? Etc.

Shortly after that meeting two prospective adoptive couples left the agency. I don't know all the details but I do know it is not because they matched with another agency as the Director let it slip, she hopes they'll come back.

Last week another couple left. I reached out to them in hopes to wish them congratulations hoping they matched with another agency but I'm 99% sure they didn't. I'm curious to why they left, but I don't want to be rude either.

So... IDK.. this is really bothering me. I know its a waiting game, yes we've signed on with another small agency in PA. I guess I'm looking for reassurance, suggestions, thoughts, or support?
TTC since June 2010
5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Re: Another Couple Left our Agency..??

• Options
    We left our original agency for the exact same reason you posted...they were undergoing staffing changes and had a major drop in placements but were adding new couples at a crazy rate.  We'd been waiting 14 months and were fed up so we signed on with another agency.  And we matched in a week.  

I don't have any advice, particularly, but I wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel, and I think it was a good idea that you branched out.  If you're not feeling comfortable with your agency, they might not be for you, and obviously a lot of the waiting couples there agree with that sentiment.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sgb721sgb721 member
    @Pinkie78 We're with a second (small) agency in PA. I just feel like through the stupid classes, fees, we've put so much into it that sure we could go to another agency but we don't have the upfront funds for them now. I guess I'm just confused and frustrated!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"