Yup... I'm officially crazy-
My H and I are seriously considering trying at home insemination with frozen DS.
The waiting is killing me. It's been over 5 years and we have gotten nowhere and no one can tell us why.
I am 32 and have DOR. My tubes are open, I ovulate on my own and my uterus is normal and I've never had a lining issue. we did get preg once without any medical treatment.
The fact that this process forces us to literally wait months at a time to even have a chance to get pregnant is making me crazy. It's not fair. With every passing month, I feel like we are wasting so many opportunities.
We don't know if a natural cycle could allow my body to release a better quality egg. We don't know if our DE/DS transfers have even been timed correctly!!
We did DS iui twice and 1 DS IVF (which resulted in 1 really bad embryo). I know this is probably a really pathetic attempt, but I can't just do nothing month after month.
I was thinking of doing opks 2x daily and doing the insemination 24 hours after the +. I feel like it would give us a break from all the meds and monitoring while doing SOMETHING. I know this is desperate, but I can't just do nothing anymore....
Ugh... Not even sure if this would be an option for us as there only appears to be 1 sperm bank that will directly ship to your home without a Dr authorization. They don't appear to do testing for all the CF mutations... Of course, I'm a carrier.
I'm not interested in getting my RE involved... He will probably have me admitted to a psychiatric facility.
Me (32) DOR, elevated NK Cells/ 2 copies of MTHFR mutation/ MH (35) azoo/high DFI
(TTC#1 since 2009)
IVFs#1-4: (4/10-2/12) all BFN
Surprise Bfp (9/11) - c/p
DS IUI#1-2 (9/12, 10/12) - BFN
DS IVF: (11/12) - BFN
DE/DS IVF#1: (10/13) - 2 day 3 embies transferred-BFFN
FET of 2 day 6 blasts: (12/13) - c/p
DE/DS IVF #2: (4/14) - 1 day 5 blast transferred...BFFN...again.
FET 5/14: 1 day 5 hatching blast transferred...another BFFN
Repeat SHG 6/14-normal / Endometrial Receptivity Array biopsy 7/14-Receptive Uterus
New RE, additional testing reveals elevated NK Cells
FET of 1 day 5 blast (RE recommends transferring 1 due to elevated NK cells) with lovenox, steroids & intralipids