Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Crib opinion needed please - Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware

HELP~!!

I need help deciding on a crib for our nursery.  We're having a baby girl, however we want to use this crib for our future children as well.  The pottery barn crib would be about $810 (with $100 shipping) and the Restoration Hardware Crib would be $880 (with $150 shipping).  They are very similar that's why I'm having a hard time deciding.  I think if we would go with the crib from pottery barn, we would get a basic white dresser (and would save us on cost there), however if we go with the RH crib, we would probably get the matching dresser (which is about $800).  Could I get your thoughts, inputs, advice, please??  Anyone get their crib from either store?  How's the quality?  

Re: Crib opinion needed please - Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware

• Options
    They are sister companies so of course they are going to be very similar.  PBK furniture is not held up very well.  LIke PP said, it becomes a chew toy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I have a pbk crib that has held up pretty well through 2 moves so far and 1 kid. It still feels nice and sturdy. My son put a couple of chew marks in the sides but I can't imagine it being different with any other crib. It is an espresso finish and I will say it seems to get nicked fairly easily. I bought a touch up stain pen and that covered all but the worst one which was from the moving company.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So am another person who spent right about $300 for crib & mattress (and repurposed a hand me down dresser), so take my input with a grain of salt. To me that seems like a lot of money that could go elsewhere (and there is always somewhere else) & mainly it is because the white tufted fabric screams of stains waiting to happen. Just my opinion though.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ss265ss265 member
    I got my baby cache crib and dresser from BRU for around $700. The crib is also able to convert to a full size bed. In my mind, it was a good compromise between a cheaper Ikea/Graco crib vs. a more expensive high end crib. If I was going to buy a high end crib though, I would rather go with a brand like Munire than PBK. I just think that PBK stuff is overpriced though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a PBK crib and dresser that I used for both DD's, it held up great over the 5 years I used them, they were in excellent condition and sold them when we thought we were done having babies for over $500. Both girls (9&6) have PBK bedroom sets and they still look brand new...
    When we found out we were pregnant this last time, we got him his set at PBK and have been happy as well.
    Both cribs are beautiful, I do agree, they are definitely femine, so if next baby is a boy you might want another set. You could get a matching bed to go with the dresser if you go the RH route. I have furniture from both stores and love them, definitely get a few matching paint pens when you buy them, RH changes their finishes rather frequently and getting the pens can be difficult ( learned that the hard way with my dining set!)
  • Options
    I have that PBKIDS Blythe crib. I love it! Amazing quality and worth every dime! We got the matching dresser and both were a little over $2,000.
  • Options
    They are sister companies so of course they are going to be very similar.  PBK furniture is not held up very well.  LIke PP said, it becomes a chew toy.
    Huh? What makes them sister companies? (Asks former PB employee)
    Aren't they both owned by Williams Sonoma?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I am also in the cheaper crib camp because my kids both made chew toys out of the crib and my first kid flipped himself out of the crib at just over a year so we didn't get that much use out of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think those cribs are beautiful, but I worry about white fabric on anything baby-related. I also think that's A LOT of money for something you won't use for that long, but everyone wants different things. If you're sure you want this style, I'd go with the PBK to save $ on the dresser.

• Options
    Ditto what PP said regarding 1) the chew factor and 2) white fabric.  Both are gorgeous.... but I'm expecting #3 and my experience tells me both are a waste of money.  My 2 cents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"