2nd Trimester
Options

Your pregnancy this week

DH is so cute, because every Friday he asks me to check my email and read him the this week email.

Re: Your pregnancy this week

• Options
    I read mine to my mom every week..
  • Options
    AWWWW... That is sweet!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is cute! I wish mine would show more on an interest. He gets really excited when she is moving, but that's about it...
  • Options

imagesesa:
    That is cute! I wish mine would show more on an interest. He gets really excited when she is moving, but that's about it...

Yeah, but dh doesn't like feeling the baby move.  It freaks him out.

• Options
    Ditto, Sesa. I think mine gets weirded out. I think he prefers to think of her as fully formed, just tiny. Any of the week by weeks reminds him that it is not like that.
  • Options
    That is funny.. Mine doesn't want the details but would LOVE to feel her move. Granted, he might change his mind when he actually feels it. My luck, that will weird him out too and he wont touch me for the remaining 4.5 months.....
  • Options
    imageDNK777:

imagesesa:

Yeah, but dh doesn't like feeling the baby move.  It freaks him out.

LOL DH's friend is like that! He says it reminds him of 'Aliens' and he wants no part of it!

• Options

imageNoelleHansen:
    That is funny.. Mine doesn't want the details but would LOVE to feel her move. Granted, he might change his mind when he actually feels it. My luck, that will weird him out too and he wont touch me for the remaining 4.5 months.....

With mine, it's not even that he doesn't want to know about it, he is just indifferent. It doesn't bother me too much, I guess... Everyone I talk to about it tells me that a woman becomes a mother when she finds out she is pregnant, and a man becomes a father when he holds his child.

• Options

Sesa: That is true. After I delivered my first baby - when I was with my  first husband  - he said " Now I see him as his own person, before I just thought of him as an extention of you, like an arm or a leg". I had no idea he felt that way. He came from a large family and I just thought his indifference was due to the expectation that - of course, we would have a family right away - it wasn't anything special. It was probably part that and also not being able to really wrap his head around it. I remember it being very frustrating.

• Options
    My DH checks my tickler each week and tells me how much bigger she is.  He is so excited. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"