August 2012 Moms

perment birth control

We have decided that we are done making babies. I recently have read about essure...anybody used this? Feed back...are there any other types similar to this that you other mommies have tried? Essure seems kinda new which has me a little nervous....

Re: perment birth control

• DH had a vasectomy in February because we are one and done.  I hadn't even thought about female permanent birth control!
  • @CourtandNate - One of my good friends ended up with an unplanned c-section with her first.  They planned to be done after her second, so she planned a repeat c-section and had her tubes tied while they were at it.  Her plan seemed like a pretty good idea to me, especially for someone who already had one c-section.
  • Loading the player...
  • there are definitely people that have side effects from essure: https://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-12-22/health/ct-essure-safety-met-20131222_1_essure-conceptus-fallopian-tubes

i also randomly read on thread somewhere on the bump that talked about women experiencing side effects after a traiditonal tubal ligation: https://extraordinary-ordinary.net/2012/02/26/post-tubal-ligation-syndrome-ah-yeah-thats-really-the-title-of-this-post/

i would never get either done, personally. i'd sooner go for an IUD (not permanent, but long-term, at least), because at least it's removable.
  • I had my tubes tied with my second c/s. The only thing I will say is that I had a lot more pain the second time but I am not sure of that was because two babies were pulled out or because of the tubal ligation or both. All I know is I had heard all these stories of how much easier the second c/s was and it took me about a month to stand up straight! Other than that I don't have many complaints.

My periods are much heavier but my OB says that's just my body with no BCP. Success rates are lower for younger moms and it is considered a "success" until you make it fives years from surgery with no pregnancy. There is an increased risk of eptopic pregnancy but everything has a risk. DH keeps saying he is going to get a vasectomy as well since I am young and he is paranoid but he hasn't done it yet.

GL with whatever you decide!
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sdlaurasdlaura member
    edited June 2014
    When we're done for sure, DH will get a vasectomy. I have the Mirena IUD now (since I want to minimize chances of 3 under 3 :), and I've been happy with it.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
  • MoFreeMoFree member
    If you are sure you are OAD, would your husband consider having a vasectomy. He can freeze a sample for future use if use should things change.
    TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • @ks3pink‌ I also had a tubal done after my c section. My periods are so much heavier now too. Boo! But I agree that it's because I'm not on oral BC.
    But my c section was a breeze compared to my first, vaginal.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • A friend had a procedure. Something along with getting her cervix burned.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • I've heard of the ablation, it burns the lining of the uterus, but I'm not sure if its a form of birth control or not. Its supposed to reduce and potentially stop the growth of the lining.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not talking about ablation. I'll ask her to get exactly what she had done.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SO will get a vasectomy. I hate how bc makes me feel and he is okay with it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• When we are for sure done, DH will be getting a vasectomy. I think women go through enough! Why should all the responsibility fall on us?!
    blighted ovum 5w3d 10/11
    Aidan Russell 8/7/12
    missed m/c 8w6d 11/1/13
    Shane Ryan 8/25/14
    imageimage
  • SJandVA said:

@ks3pink‌ I also had a tubal done after my c section. My periods are so much heavier now too. Boo! But I agree that it's because I'm not on oral BC.
    But my c section was a breeze compared to my first, vaginal.

I have a feeling my tough time was mostly due to having twins. Especially since they were each over 6 lbs! That's a lot to be pulled out! Lol.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Interesting point Coley! I hadn't thought of it that way! I had the CS he can go thru a little bit of pain!!

• Thanx everyone... I still haven't decided either way.. I suppose I should talk to the DR... I think that even with the essure I would still be worried of getting preggo.
  • BeevolBeevol member
    I've heard good things about Essure but when we're done, DH is going to get a vasectomy and I will probably get another Mirena because I love not having my period ever. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"