North Carolina Babies

Massage Question

Since I'm considered high-risk should I ask the OB before I book a prenatal massage?  I would think they would okay it knowing that my cervix is measuring well and the baby is looking great, but should I check to be sure? 

Re: Massage Question

• I would definitely check with them before it. ?I can't remember all of the conditions, but there are a number that contraindicate massage in pregnancy.

?

• I would check because even at the day spa I get my pedicures at, they made me sign a form about being pregnant (there are labor triggers all over the body). I am planning to go there for a pre-natal massage too. I am waiting until the end of my pregnancy though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I would also be careful of what massage therapist you see. Don't go to just one of those day spas. Get a real full-fledged therapist who understands the trigger points for pregnancy.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• All massage therapists are licensed to practice in NC, but not all are licensed in prenatal massage.  Check with your OB first for the medical perspective, and look for a therapist who is licensed in prenatal and let her or him know what your OB has said.  ENJOY!!! Big Smile
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"