Babies: 0 - 3 Months

in the hospital

My DD woke up this morning and her right eye was completely crusted over with green goop. We called the pedi and took her in right away. After waiting an hour to see the Dr they told us she has an infection and we needed to go straight to the hospital. We have been here since about 12:30pm. They have two IVs in her foot and she is just miserable. They said they may have to prob up there to clear the duct and that would cause a black eye. I know this is not life threatening but I can't stop crying. My emotions are still not in check and seeing her hooked up to an IV and in pain hurts so much. She keeps kicking her other foot into her foot with the IVs and then she howls in pain. They estimate we will be here until Jan. 3...I just want to take my poor baby home.

I hope you ladies are having a much better New Years than us!

Re: in the hospital

• I'm sorry she's not feeling well. Hope she has a speedy recovery and is home soon!
  • So sorry to hear about your poor baby! I cannot even imagine how I'd handle something like that. I'd be a crazy mess. I really hope that everything goes as smoothly & quickly as possible for you guys.
  • Loading the player...
  • oh my goodness!!!!  DJ has had clogged ducts and infections and never this...i would be so scared.  i am sorry.  keep us updated!
  • Poor little girl, I hope she gets better soon!
  • Oh I'm so sorry!  Hopefully she'll have a quick recovery.  Hang in there!
  • I am so sorry she's having a rough time. I hope she gets better soon. I hope her iv is able to come out sooner than 1/3.?

Hold that baby tight & just love her as much as you can. ?

• I'm so sorry! DD was in the hospital for a couple of days and I know how hard it is! She had an IV too and it is so hard to see that in your precious baby. Just know she's going to be fine and this will all soon be a distant memory. Big hugs.
    Samantha Isabelle Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Elle KateLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh that is so awful for you and DD. I am so sorry and hope she has a quick recovery. I would be a mess right now too. Stay strong mama!
    Josie Cailin 7/25/08 Asher Mason 7/19/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"