North Florida Babies
Options

Tallahassee Babies

Anyone in Tallahassee area?

Re: Tallahassee Babies

• Options
    Just joined the Bump.  We moved to Tallahassee a year ago.  We're expecting in January!
  • Options
    aylafsu88aylafsu88 member
    edited August 2013
    I am in Tally! 
    ETA:  How old is your LO?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been living in Tally for 5 years now... This is our 1st baby and Im due Jan 17.
  • Options
    I'm in Tally. I grew up here :) I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • Options
    Hey Tally ladies, We're due in January, too! Anyone found a good birth class in town? It doesn't seem like there are many available ...
  • Options
    I friend recomended the ones at TMH but we dont have many options here!
    Is anyone looking for daycare yet?
  • Options
    I have a friend who did the TMH one and said it was fine - good thing because there really aren't many. We have a tour with a daycare center this week - I thought it might be a little early but they said they already have infants on the list for when we're hoping to start daycare, so I guess it isn't! You?
  • Options
    I'm in Tallahassee.  I have an almost 7 year old daughter and just found out I'm pregnant.  EDD is 6/5/14.  I'm looking to find an OBGYN that will consider a VBAC.  
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    I have been looking for daycare and everywhere I go is super expensive! Im due im Jan and I'll prob need daycare by the end of March... Hope I can find somewhere affordable that wont charge almost $1000 a month!
  • Options
    @fsumom I have heard that gynecology and obstetrics will consider doing VBACs.  Have you checked with them?

There are a couple of natural birth classes in town if anyone is interested.  I did the Bradley classes and really liked them.  I have heard mixed things about the TMH class, so people liked it and others thought it was a waste. 
  • Options
    Hey there!  I just moved to Tallahassee about 7 months ago and am actively TTC.  I also have a 6 year old step daughter that visits from Jacksonville.

My Fertility Friend Chart

Self proclaimed Stepmom since 2009

Married since September 2013

Trying to become a full time mommy since September 2013

• Options
    @thedaniest

Where are you looking for day care?  We didn't see really anything over $600/mo for infants.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    >>>---FSU--->

• Options
    I work downtown and I live on the South side of town but DH and I can pretty much drive anywhere from where we work...
    I dont have a lot of friends with babies so I cant get opinions from anybody I know!
    Do you have any suggestions bcbuzzafsu?
  • Options
    We're doing Scottsdale Academy. Their rate for infants is $925/month, which seems a little high but when you consider they'll be with your baby from 7 am to 6 pm every day, it's not all that bad! I've heard nothing but great things from friends about it and we loved what we saw on our tour there. Good luck with your search!
  • Options
    I used to work at Scottsdale and it is wonderful place for children! I worked in both locations.. I would love to have my baby there but its way too pricey for me :(
  • Options
    @thedaniest A few friends recommended Kinderschool to me.  It is on the north side of town (Timberlane rd).  The teachers are great there and it is reasonably priced (650ish).  We don't go there and I have never checked it out.  We go to the growing room which is a lot like Scottsdale Academy.
  • Options

Another Tallahassee Lassie here! Early 1st trimester with my first :)

baby development

• Options
    Hey I'm in Tallahassee too, due with my first at the end of Feb/beginning of March. I was trying to see if there were any "mommy groups" or anything like that around here. Does anyone know of one? It seems like it's kind of hard to find new people and make friends without being introduced by someone.
  • Options
    Thanks aylafsu88!
    I'll check them out...
  • Options
    I have a friend who is a stay home mom and her baby is 2 months old!
    We were both looking for a mommy group for play dates and just to talk!
    Cant find anything like that here..
  • Options
    Have you tried MOPS (moms of preschoolers)?  Supposedly it is for all age groups and I have had several people recommend it to me.  I have not joined but probably will do so next year.  You may want to check it out and see if it would work for you.

https://www.killearnkids.org/weekday-ministries/mops/

https://www.mops.org/groupsearch/index.php?h_method=find&zip=32309
  • Options
    Any luck finding a tally group? I'm due sept 2014 and would love a local group.
  • Options
    fsumomfsumom member
    edited March 2014
    @aylafsu88, I am super late to this but I am currently at Gynecology and Obstetrics but might switch practices.  I don't really like their 'stipulations' in regards to trying for a VBAC.  They don't want to allow me to try if this baby is measuring big.  My DD was 8lbs15oz so I don't believe I'll have a small baby by any means.  I plan on discussing my concerns with the midwives again.  
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    I don't live in Tallahassee anymore, but I had a wonderful experience w/ Dr. David Dixon at North Florida Women's Care. I don't have any experience with VBAC, but he was very patient and willing to discuss any concerns I had. I have a friend who was a Labor & Delivery nurse at TMH, and she said he is one of the best doctors there. Good luck!
  • Options
    Oh, and here's a link to childbirth classes in Tallahassee. Childbirth Education Associates of Tallahassee
  • Options
    North Florida Women's (where Dixon is) doesn't do VBACs.  I know this is late for some posters.  The Tallahassee ICAN group has a provider l ist of VBAC docs.  It appears Dr. Okoriji is a favorite.  I haven't seen him so don't have a personal opinion.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm in the Tallahassee area. I have an eight month old named Daisy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"