June 2014 Moms
Options

Mixer Monday (GTKY)

(Thanks @Rei2metse‌ for the great idea!)

Since we have our babehs now there's a bunch of new faces! Here's a GTKY where newbies and regs can share a little about themselves and their little ones! Share as much or as little as you want.

1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc)
2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?)
3. When did you join the BMB?
4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite?
5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one!
6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

Re: Mixer Monday (GTKY)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    QT3.14QT3.14 member
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc) Nina, 34, married 11 years, I like to cook, bake, eat, and I'm a major bargain shopper 
    2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) Clara, girl, 5 weeks 2 days 
    3. When did you join the BMB? I've lurked on and off but I've been a little more active now that I am on maternity leave 
    4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? the cuddles are my favorite, not being able to do whatever I want whenever I want is my least favorite 
    5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! t-rex - I like the short arms 
    6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? I never really got into either one
  • Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc)
    - I'm Sarah, a FTM, and I live right outside Philadelphia with my hubby, LO, and our two cats Bateman and Dahlia. I have a 9 y/o stepson who stays with us on the weekends. My main hobby is running and I can't wait until I'm cleared to get out there again! I ran my first marathon this past November when I was 8 weeks pregnant with LO.

- Stella is 2 weeks and 2 days old

- I joined tb right after I got my bfp but I was already on the knot and the nest previously.

- Favorite is figuring out how to console my daughter. The best feeling is when all she needs is some snuggles from her mama. :) Least favorite is my lack of time management now. Some days I feel like the whole day goes by and I've accomplished nothing.

- Velociraptors, duh

- Neither! Fantasy stuff is just nms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc). My name is Leanne. I have a wonderful husband and we have lived in our house for one year so far. We have a great beagle mix named Dewey. I am a CPA, and in my free time I like to garden and work on various house projects. 
    2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) My LO is in her 5th week, and her name is Macklyn Jane. My 4 year old nephew suggested we call her macaroni, and we called her Baby Mac throughout my whole pregnancy, which lead us to look for Mac names. We LOVE her name. 
    3. When did you join the BMB? I have lurked/been an infrequent poster since last fall when I found out I was pregnant. 
    4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? I love learning about my LO. I think it's completely fascinating to discover the new tricks she has for us every day, and to watch as she changes and grows. I am so excited to learn what she's all about as she gets older. Also watching my H fall more and more for her every day is great. My least favorite part is the loss of freedom, and worrying that I'm going to trip and fall while carrying her or other fears of hurting her. 
    5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Velociraptors. 
    6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter. 
  • Options
    Since we have our babehs now there's a bunch of new faces! Here's a GTKY where newbies and regs can share a little about themselves and their little ones! Share as much or as little as you want.

1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc) My  name is Jenny, I am 29 years old and live outside of Pittsburgh. I love yoga, reading, my kick ass husband with whom I have been married to a year and a half, and I love editing for Indie book authors. Reading books before everyone else makes me happy. :) Oh, a nickname, depends on the group of friends/family, but they're all pretty lame.
    2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) Henry will be 3 weeks tomorrow! He eats like a champ, and is currently snuggled up on my shoulder.
    3. When did you join the BMB? I was a member of the knot/nest for awhile, but I think I joined TB in December? I wasn't really active until March/April though. Like someone else said, I liked the fruit comparisons.
    4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? I love breast feeding. It clicked for us right away and I love that I am the one he depends on for so much. The snuggles are great, and seeing how my husband changed the second he held LO melts my heart every time I think about it. Least favorite are the growth spurts. My nipples are not fans. 
    5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Velociraptors! The high pitched squeaking and squealing cracks me up.
    6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter. Not even a question.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc) My DH calls me Peanut, then I named our cat Peanut and second one Mini Peanut.  Now we also call the lil man Peanut, so we are a house of nuts! As for hobbies, I work in the wine industry and my DH is a Chef so we cook, drink wine and craft beer and play around with fancy dranks nonstop.

2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) LO is Robert Michael III, but we call him Bobby.  But recently we've nicknamed him Bobert. He will be 8weeks old tmrw (holy jebus) and is just starting to smile, laugh, coo and concentrate/focus on people and mobiles.  Its amazing :)

3. When did you join the BMB? February 

4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? Im still in the cant stop staring at my child face mode. I truly believe he is the cutest kid to grace the planet.  Least- the struggles of sleep deprivation and arguing with the DH because of it.  

5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Im gonna have to go with T-Rex on this one because I got DH a shirt for fathers day that has a TRex on it and it says Daddy-sauraus and thats now his new name. (and a matching onsie for baby that says Baby-saurus!)

6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Potter- hands down.

• Options
    kbellizio3kbellizio3 member
    edited July 2014
    I never really had a nickname, my name does not lend itself to clever nicknames. I'm a huge sports fanatic, if the teams are Yankees, Steelers, Penguins or anything to do with NASCAR or the Olympics (or World Cup) I'm watching it. I'm a Jersey Girl and darn proud of it. I love to read. Apparently I started reading before I could really talk.

Cleo is 3 weeks old today!

Novemberish. But I was on the knot prior.

I love that sometimes she needs just me. Nobody else. And the least favorite is the lack of sleep sometimes. I feel like a zombie.

5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Velociraptors

Harry Potter for sure. The first book came out when I was 8, the last when I was 17 and the last movie when I was 21. So it's pretty much taken up my whole life.

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    I'm Julie. My nickname was Smiles all through college. I'm 28 years old and live in Missouri. I teach special education and love looking up and making things for my classroom. I love to read and bake. My ultimate life dream would be to bake and decorate cakes for a living. 

Lucille (AKA Lucy or Goose) is 5 weeks, 4 days. She is adorable and hilarious and difficult and stubborn. She is the perfect combo of my husband and I and i just adore her.

I joined right after my BFP in September. I was pretty active, but then work got busy and I became more of a lurker. Now that it's summer, I'm active again.

Favorite- The huge smiles that Lucy gives at the best times. For example, I was teasing DH and involved Lucy. She gave the biggest smile like she was in on the joke. Amazing.
    Least favorite- Reflux. I hate not being able to comfort her when she is hurting and the spit up... OMG the spit up. I hate having to sit up an extra 30 minutes holding the baby up so she doesn't puke just to lay her down and she pukes all over her freshly washed sheets. 

This is J14... I thought velociraptors was the only option!

I've read a few of the HP books so I guess that. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    MNOpeaMNOpea member
    My name is Natasha, my hobbies are stalking Pinterest for yummy things to make, then making said things. I hope one day I will be good enough and love running enough to call a hobby :)

Owen is my 2 year old, he is a spitting image of dh and has always been laid back.
    Parker is 4 weeks old today, he is my spitting image, and so far is much more high needs and fussy than Owen ever was.

In September but then I made a new account, maybe in October?

I love seeing Owen interact with and love Parker, least favorite is how long it takes me to get out of the house alone with the 2 of them

Velociraptors

Never got into either of them
  • Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc) I'm Samantha and my hobbies include music and cooking. I grew up in the country, lived in the city for the last two years and am heading back to the country (with hubby who live in the city his whole life) I'm a stay at home mom and will be heading back to college in the fall after 3 years off.

2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) Our only child is Zachariah and he is 3 weeks old.

3. When did you join the BMB? I joined around December but did not start posting until probably March and didn't really get active until maybe May.

4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? Cuddles are my favorite so far. Least favorite is the 3am feedings or when he is upset and I don't know how to help.

5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! T-rex

6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Neither but if forced to pick one I'd go LOTR
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc) I never really had a nickname, my name does not lend itself to clever nicknames. I'm a huge sports fanatic, if the teams are Yankees, Steelers, Penguins or anything to do with NASCAR or the Olympics (or World Cup) I'm watching it. I'm a Jersey Girl and darn proud of it. I love to read. Apparently I started reading before I could really talk. 2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) Cleo is 3 weeks old today! 3. When did you join the BMB? Novemberish. But I was on the knot prior. 4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? I love that sometimes she needs just me. Nobody else. And the least favorite is the lack of sleep sometimes. I feel like a zombie. 5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Velociraptors 6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter for sure. The first book came out when I was 8, the last when I was 17 and the last movie when I was 21. So it's pretty much taken up my whole life.
    Heck yeah Steelers and Penguins! My little one has onsies for all 3 Pittsburgh sports teams :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

(Thanks @Rei2metse‌ for the great idea!)

My name is Tanya and I'm 28. I've been married for 5 yrs to a great man(even though I complain about him). I love crafting, gardening and home improvement projects.

I have a 2 1/2 yr old son named Colton and our newest addition is 5 wk old baby girl I Paisley.

I joined after I found out I was pregnant but don't remember how I found it. I've been a member of the nest and the knot for years.

The baby snuggles and that she sleeps the best on my chest which is strange because my least favorite is the lack of sleep and that their schedules don't overlap at all so there's not a chance for a nap.

T-rexes

Definitely Harry Potter but I'm not a die hard fan like friends of mine are.

• Options
    Amy, I'm a weather enthusiast (my career is a meteorologist)

Jack, boy, 7.5 weeks (he arrived 5.5 weeks early so he's two weeks adjusted).  He's got a 3 year old big sister.

From the beginning, but I'm not on here much.

Cute baby faces and snuggles.  Least favorite is the sleep deprivation.  I also find newborns to be pretty boring, and I'm really looking forward to when he can interact more.

T-rexes.  Jurassic Park is one of my favorite movies of all-time.

Harry Potter for sure.  But I love both.
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I'm Kimberly, but family and super close friends call me hippo (my brother started calling me that when he was 3 and it stuck). I love baking, photography and ballet. I am not so patiently waiting until I can be back at the barre. I am a math interventionist and will miss being with students this year. DH and I have three dogs and a cat so our house is very much like a zoo most of the time.
    2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) Our daughter Wynne, we call her Winnie, is 2 weeks and 5 days. She is our first and is amazing.

3. When did you join the BMB? I joined in November, but didn't start posting until around January. 

4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? My favorite part so far are the snuggles, and the way she looks at me while nursing… melts me every time. Least favorite part, not being able to get everything done in a day. 

5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! T-Rex all the way!

6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? I am a huge Harry Potter fan! I love the books so very much. I hate to admit it, but I have never read or watched anything that is LOTR related.
  • Options
    Nickname is cashew, because of how my maiden name initials sounded.  I sadly don't have too many hobbies, because my work is exhausting and I would just want to relax on the weekends.  I still love going to the local parks though, and walk the trails.

Colin is just over 6 weeks old, and is a perfect blend of DH and I.

October after my BFP.  I know I don't post much, between my work and not having any good input.  I do try to keep up though,

Love providing everything he needs, but it's absolutely heart breaking when I can't fix his colic pain.

Velociraptors, and DS absolutely sounds like one! 

Harry Potter!  I went to the local B&N at midnight to buy books 4 to 7 when they were released.

<3

• Options

Fun thread!

The name is Laurel; I've never really had a nickname. Okay, that one horrible friend did try to get people to call me "Oral Laurel" in high school... Although I never feel that I have the energy or motivation for hobbies anymore, I love nearly anything creative. Among people I grew up with, I'm probably most known for my drawing talent. I also dabble in photography from time to time- the photo of LO in my current sig is one I took. I enjoy cooking (not so much now that it seems like a chore) and nature, as well. I could sit outside for hours on a nice day listening to the birds chirp and watching the breeze flow through the grass.

Little girl Arianna Lynn- named after both of my sisters who are going to be the best aunts ever. One month and 4 days old. Everyone says she looks just like me, but every day I stare at her face hoping to see some of her father's traits. She was born with some hair, and it appears to be lightening up some. I think it's going to be a beautiful red, but it will also be gorgeous if it turns out strawberry blond. It definitely has a red tint to it, though.

I joined in October, after briefly using the First Tri board. What a welcome change!

Favorite is definitely the snuggles. The way she falls asleep on my chest with her legs tucked in and butt up in the air. The sweet way she dangles her leg over my arm and softly rocks it back and forth during a satisfying feeding. The adorable little stretches she does when she's trying to wake up. Just having someone so perfect to love.
    Least favorite would be the sleepless nights trying everything to get her to calm down, on the verge of crying myself because of how tired I am... the days that I feel so unsure of everything and whether or not I'm giving her the best care... thinking that surely I'm screwing things up so horribly...

Velociraptors. Duh.

Both, both, both! Although, I have to admit that I have yet to read LotR all the way through, whereas I have read the entire HP series front to back a good half dozen times. But I absolutely love the worlds created in both stories.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    MizooMizoo member

I'm Mizoo, my screen name is actually my cat Moose's nickname.  Hobbies include hiking, camping, traveling, eating ice cream and frolfing.

Ariadne is 5 weeks and 6 days old today! She's my little piglet :-)

When I got my BFP in September.  Although I started under a different screen name that included my real name so I made this account after realizing that wasn't my brightest idea.

Favorite: baby snuggles, duh!  Least favorite: sleep deprivation and a looming fear of SIDS.

I'm impartial, sorry!

I'm a Potterhead, watched the whole marathon on ABC Family this weekend :-)
  • Options
    I'm Rachel, no fun nicknames other than those my husband comes up with like Pookie :)  My hobbies include reading and shopping and wishing I was crafty.
    Audrey is 4 weeks, 2 days.
    Last fall, but I was on the knot/nest before.
    Favorite is actually being a mommy (IF is a bitch) and interacting with LO so much.  Least favorite is that my high anxiety is in high gear again since having her: I'm confident in our abilities as parents, it's just everyone/ everything else that worries me.
    I used to be Team T-Rex with their ridiculous arms, but on Saturday, LO made a definite velociraptor noise, so I've been converted.
    Harry Potter. LOTR puts me to sleep.
  • Options
    jennyd321 said:

I never really had a nickname, my name does not lend itself to clever nicknames. I'm a huge sports fanatic, if the teams are Yankees, Steelers, Penguins or anything to do with NASCAR or the Olympics (or World Cup) I'm watching it. I'm a Jersey Girl and darn proud of it. I love to read. Apparently I started reading before I could really talk.

Cleo is 3 weeks old today!

Novemberish. But I was on the knot prior.

I love that sometimes she needs just me. Nobody else. And the least favorite is the lack of sleep sometimes. I feel like a zombie.

5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Velociraptors

Harry Potter for sure. The first book came out when I was 8, the last when I was 17 and the last movie when I was 21. So it's pretty much taken up my whole life.

Heck yeah Steelers and Penguins! My little one has onsies for all 3 Pittsburgh sports teams :)

We live outside Philly, and DH has already claimed her for the dark side in regards to hockey (booooooo Flyers!) but I've got her for football! :((

Pittsburgh is my favorite city, I would move there in a heartbeat.

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options

I'm Beth, originally from CA, but now live in AL. I'm married 2 years to my DH, Rick, and as mad as he can make me, he truly is my soul mate. I enjoy crochet, photography, writing, and film making.

My twin boys, Connor and Kellan, are 6w on Wednesday :) they are so amazingly sweet and adorable! They're growing so FAST.

I honestly don't remember exactly when, but it was some time after my bfp :)

I love the cuddles, and watching Rick with them :) least favorite would be the lack of sleep, the strain on my and DHs relationship, and dealing with probable PDD.

Psh this shouldn't even be a question! Velociraptors, durrrrr...

6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Ohh don't make me choose! They both have sych strong points!!!
  • Options
    kbellizio3 boooo flyers. Move on over to Pittsburgh

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm S, and that's my nickname too. I am from Toronto Canada. 
    I love cooking, eating, drinking, shopping, walking... did I mention drinking?

My little girl (AJ) is 14 weeks actual, 5 weeks adjusted. She was born at 31 weeks gestational.   

I joined a while back and posted multiple times. But I got really busy at work (where I usually bumped) and then had my baby in April - 2 months earlier than planned.  I had sever ppreeclampsia and we spent a whole 2 months in NICU.  That period was really hard and draining for me, I couldn't bring myself to participate in a pregnancy forum -  I didn't realize at the time how many ladies had their babies early, and I could have received and offered support.  
    Now that AJ is home and I'm on maternity leave, I have more time to spend on the world wide web (hopefully).

Holding my baby is the best... and pumping with disappearing milk supply the worst.  

T-rex!

Let's say neither, I watched LOR though... not a big fan.
  • Options
    lynkatlynkat member
    edited July 2014
    Hello! I've been lurking off and on since I found out I was pregnant but never had the time to figure out how to participate on mobile. Now that I am home I would like to hang out with you ladies if you will have me :)
    My name is Lyndsey, I'm from Texas. When I'm not teaching and taking care of LO I enjoy doing artsy things, going to my DH's football and baseball games (he's a coach), and reading.
    Michael - 3 weeks today!
    Back in October but I haven't had time to consistently lurk/figure out the ways of the board until now
    Favorite - the sweet cuddles and BFing
    Least - cluster feeding and lack of sleep.. Oh and this may sound weird (and I blame it on exhaustion) but I have a hard time putting words together! I keep saying the wrong words when I mean something else. It's like pregnancy brain all over again!
    Velociraptors
    Harry Potter! Love the books, the movies are decent.

Also - can I change my avatar on mobile?
    NVM! Figured it out
  • Options

I have many nicknames. My brother calls me Albertsons..

Boy, Cameron, 4w5d

Immediately after my bfp.

Baby snuggles.

Oh, this is a hard decision.

Neither.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    CJnKR2014CJnKR2014 member
    edited July 2014
    jennyd321 said:

kbellizio3 boooo flyers. Move on over to Pittsburgh

@jennyd321‌
    DH is a huge penguins fan!!

Eta @StrawberryDreams219‌ those of us on mobile can't see tickers!! :(
  • Options

I'm Brittany and never really had any nicknames other that Brit and DH's family are really the only ones who call me that.  I'm a Buckeye born and raised, love softball, reading, and socializing in general.  

Sawyer, Girl, 4 weeks 5 days and 100% awesome.  I wrote out my birth story a few weeks ago but somehow lost it. Now I feel it's a little late to post, oh well! 

I intro'd back in Nov. and comment here and there.  

I love everything about being a mom... but my least favorite part is not being able to EBF and not being able to be a SAHM, both things out of my control but those damn hormones have me in tears at least once a day.  

Velociraptors for the win! 

I will have to say LOTR

• Options
    Jessica (Jess) Roller coasters and thrill rides with my teenager, reading, running the Asian Pacific American network at my work.

Male. Elijah Gabriel James Patterson. 3 weeks 1 day

Female
    Grace Eleanor PAtterson. 3.5 years old

Female Katrina Alexis Snyder, 16 years old

When I found out I was pregnant

Snuggles is fav. Clogged ducts, fevers, uterine infections and MRSA are my least fav

Velociraptors of course

Lord of the Rings

Feb sig challange - Wedding day 5/9/09 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Rei2metseRei2metse member
    edited July 2014
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc).
    Hello fellow bumpies! My nickname is "Fun size" bc I'm barely 5'2". I was raised in the States by a South African mother so my Bump screen name is derived from a South African language meaning "we are happy." I work for my family business which means I'm on-call constantly but am trying to adopt a few hobbies (like photography, writing, and yoga) while on maternity leave. I've been married for 1 year and this is our first child.
    Male. Elijah (love your son's name @jsnyder79‌ !). 7 weeks tomorrow
    I joined October/November 2013 but went MIA when my hard drive crashed on desktop PC beginning of 2014. I hate mobile bumping but hate not interacting more. I enjoy the interactions, advice, and camaraderie shared on this board.
    Best day of motherhood so far was when he recognized me. Now he sits in others' arms and turns his head to follow the sound of my voice. Lack of consistent sleep and PP recovery are the worst.
    Velociraptors. It's a size thing
    LOTR, no contest!
  • Options
    Been trying all day to fill this out! Finally have two hands free. How do you ladies do this on the regular with BFing??!

Only nicknames are from DH, and he just likes to add "licious" on to anything to describe me - before it was Preggerlicious, since my milk came in it's Boobalicious ;)
    Hobbies including gardening, looking at houses, reading, watching Korean dramas, cooking, researching just about anything (but esp nutrition and exercise as I'm getting my master's in that)

Male, Nolan, 2wks 5 days
    Up to 8lbs 2oz today from our discharge at 3 days of 6lbs 10oz, take that LC and nurses who freaked me out with him losing so much at first :P

Joined The Knot after getting engaged, TB last Feb when we started trying, June BMB in Oct after BFP. I'm a huge lurker though and just creeped on the fun til Mar/April

Fav: Him wanting to hold my hand while BFing, that he loves dancing as much as I do, and his happy face when we first get up in the morning
    Least Fav: sleep (a given), not being able to schedule anything, being his food source (feel like that's all he sees me as sometimes)

I would have said Velociraptors, but T-rex eats those at the end of Jurassic Park sooo...

LOTR for sure! LO was seriously almost named Rohan or Thorin, and we're going to try to go as characters from The Hobbit for Halloween this year ;)

J14 Jan Siggy Challenge: Santorini

• Options
    MrsP419MrsP419 member
    edited July 2014
    1. Tell us about yourself (name/nickname, hobbies when not popping out babies, etc) My name is Diana and I guess some people (namely my dad and my bff) call me Di.  I am 27 years old and have been married to my love for 6 years.  I too don't feel like I get many "hobbies" anymore…it seems my downtime is filled with Netflix and sleep.  But I do like photography and have been doing side jobs of photography for a couple of years.  I also coach an online writing class.  I like to read and spend time with DH and my family and friends…and the number one most important thing about me is that I love Jesus and want to live for Him.
    2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) I have four (4!) LOs now…Lorelei is 4, Asher is 2.5, and Margot and Audrey will be 6 weeks on Thursday.  Lorelei is so much like me; her mannerisms, expressions, and attitude are so familiar!  She has such a sweet heart but is also very dramatic and likes to get her way ALL the time.  Asher is a goofy and sweet little boy.  He is rough and tumble and loves all things trucks, but he also still falls asleep in my arms every once in a while.  Margot is a little stinker.  She is adorable and totally has everyone wrapped around her finger.  She wants to be held ALL the time and is the fussier of the two.  Audrey is a total sweetie and has such a pretty little face.  She is more chill and laid back.  I can't wait to know them better as individuals.
    3. When did you join the BMB? I was active on TB when pregnant with my daughter but deleted my account when she was about 3 months old.  I rejoined when I found out I was having twins back in November.  
    4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? My favorite part is developing different relationships and interests with my children.  I love them all the same, but have different things I love about each one and ways I show love to them.  I also love the snuggling during this baby phase, and can't wait for first smiles and the "talking."  The hardest part of the newborn phase is the constant nursing and the pains that can come with it, and also balancing it with my other kids.  The hardest part about the older two is the tantrums and whining, and figuring out how to effectively and lovingly discipline them.
    5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! I am going to say T-Rex, mainly because I don't really know what a velociraptor is outside of this board ;-).  I of course have heard of them before, but don't know anything about them!
    6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? Harry Potter.  I am not obsessed or anything, but I did enjoy the series and the movies.  I have never read or seen LOTR.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options
    I'm Nic. I have a wonderful DH, Phil and a fur baby, Lilah (daschie/chihuahua mix or 'chiweenie'). We live in Ontario, Canada - in a city about halfway between Toronto and Montreal.

Alexander is 5+2 and the coolest thing ever imho and I'm loving watching him get a 'tude.

Back in Sept when I got my bfp, but I was on the Knot and Nest prior.

Favourite: cuddles, smiles, and breastfeeding.
    Least favourite: How I felt completely overwhelmed for the first 3 weeks or so and couldn't enjoy anything and how useless I felt DH was - all is much better now.

5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! Velociraptors although I think LO sounds like a pterodactyl sometimes.

Neither

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My daughter thinks my name is "Honey" because that's what my husband calls me. Before I became a SAHM, I was an avid photographer and traveller. 
    2. Tell us about your LO (sex, name, age, etc?) My LO is 5 weeks today! His name is Max, and he's a champ at pooping :)
    3. When did you join the BMB? I've been a member of TB since my DD's birth, and I have no idea when I joined this one. I frequent the photography board mostly!
    4. What's your favorite part of motherhood so far? Least favorite? Favorite part is watching him change so quickly! That, and trying to get him to smile :) Least favorite is trying to give ample time to both my DD and LO. 
    5. Velociraptors or t-rexes? There can be only one! T-Rexes! 
    6. Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings? I think I'd rather live in the world of Harry Potter, but both are awesome! 
  • Options
    @tdonatoni I almost asked about your whereabouts when I saw the number you texted me from. My brothers and parents lived in Bend for nearly ten years and they miss it terribly. There is a noodle place there with eggrolls to DIE for! The name escapes me right this second. :( The one with two locations. Oh, and my brother worked at Cibelli's, AKA the best pizza ever.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"