Baby Showers

Favourite Shower Food?

Still looking for great food ideas!  What is your favourite shower food, your specialty dish, or the best/most original food you've seen at a shower? Thanks ladies!

Re: Favourite Shower Food?

• Most of the showers I have been to have been sandwiches, veggies, fruit, chips n dip etc. Simple afternoon lunch style.

With my family, there is almost always a bowl of this stuff too- which is delicious! 

BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Nothing original sticks out.  I know I try to buy good quality chicken salad and mini croissants when I host a shower.  

I know for mine we had a lot of finger foods like bacon wrapped lil smokies, stuffed mushrooms, artichoke dip and crab salad.

I have also been to showers where they do a good soup with bread.
  • Loading the player...
  • Did you have anything in mind ?

Oh I also forgot.  I have bought pinwheel sandwiches from Costco before too.

I don't remember the food being in the same theme as the shower, only the dessert.  My shower was Jungle themed and my BFF made a beautiful cake.
  • I've only hosted a couple, but I tried to figure out something that the MTB would like/ could eat. Two were brunch time and included quiche/fruit/salad - they were quite lovely with the white table cloth/girly girl theme. One craved Mexican her whole pregnancy, so I did guac & chips and a taco bar. And, one was lunchtime at a restaurant, so we did a chicken dish since chicken is generally the most universally acceptable.

Oh, and cake. :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• I'm hoping for a veggie tray or a fruit tray (or both).  I'm a GD so can't eat the fun sweet stuff.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• MandJS said:
    As long as there are cupcakes or cake, I don't really stress too much about shower food.
    Word. Cup. Cakes. I don't care who says the "cupcake fad" is over, pass me a damn cupcake lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Who exactly is it that decides that a fad is over?  Probably a jealous regular cake-baker started that rumor lol!  We have two cupcake shops in my small town and they are both booming !  I love cupcakes! 

• Thanks everyone for the great ideas...we are looking at mainly finger foods, no sandwiches.  Have been looking around and have a pretty decent list now!
  • One suggestion I can make is caprese salads on toothpicks.

I've made these for a few parties and people always love them.

You need cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, the small mozzarella balls (the ones that are smaller than a Ping-Pong ball) and toothpicks.

Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella balls in half and wrap the mozzarella in a basil leaf.  Then you sandwich the mozzarella/basil in between the two halves of the cherry tomato.  I drizzle them with olive oil and refrigerate them overnight.  They're always a HUGE hit.  Light, pretty healthy and you can eat a ton of them and not feel guilty about it lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At the shower hosted by my MIL/SILs, we had pinwheel sandwiches, deviled eggs, strawberries w/cream cheese dip, shrimp w/cocktail sauce, a cake, and punch.

At the shower hosted by my best friend, we had pigs in a blanket with a variety of dipping sauces; fruit and veggie platters, chips and dip, cheese and crackers, pinwheel sandwiches, a cake, and a sherbet punch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"