Pregnant after a Loss
Options

8 weeks, 1 day and morning sickness subsiding

So, I am 8 weeks, 1 day and had a sonogram and blood yesterday and everything was good, I was right on track.  I have been very sick with morning sickness since 6 weeks and haven't been able to eat or smell anything.  I have literally been eating bagels and that is it.  Yesterday, I was starving and picked up dinner and it smelled so bad I had to drive home with the windows open and then couldn't even eat it.

I woke up today though and feel so much better.  I am exhausted but have been able to eat today.  I know that I should be happy, but should I be concerned.  I know symptoms come and go, I am just nervous due to past experiences. 

Please let me know your thoughts.  thanks

Re: 8 weeks, 1 day and morning sickness subsiding

• Options

I don't post that often, but I am right there with you!

I flipped out on Monday because my symptoms seemed to be going away like they did before I M/C last time.

I had a paper work appointment at the doctors and long story short, we didn't do the paperwork and they scheduled an ultrasound for this Tuesday. It was the earliest they could do because of the holidays. If I have bleeding I will be sent to the ER. No fun.

So today is my third day trying to stay calm and not flip out. I saw the heartbeat at 6 w 2 d, so that gives me some hope.

I'm finally learning to enjoy feeling better, but I got tired again today and my boobs kind of started to hurt again (yay).

I had the MS really bad last week just like you and now I'm finding I have more cravings and get that sick feeling after I eat. I was able to eat chicken tonight in chinese food, but the thought of chicken still grosses me out.

Sorry this is so long! I'm just chatty because this is all I have thought about since Monday and I'm counting down the days until Tuesday! Hang in there! At least you got to see the baby yesterday!

• Options
    totally normal for symptoms, including m/s to come and go.  don't be surprised if it comes back when you least expect it.  in the meantime, enjoy eating!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think around 8 weeks, I felt the same way.  I was worried.  Then week 9 rolled around and I started feeling strange again.  Then week 10 and I am out of breath.

I called my doc at 8 weeks and they said as long as I was not bleeding and that my boobs were sore, I was still pregnant.

• Options
    I had a short break for awhile and then felt awful again.  Hang tight - I'm guessing it will come back to torture you soon.
  • Options
    Mine has been coming and going. One minute I feel great, the next I feel like crap. I know it's hard, but try to enjoy the m/s free moments!!
  • Options

:(  Hang in there.  When my symptoms started fading, I got scared too.  The two things that helped were hearing the heartbeat and knowing that just because it happened last time, doesn't mean it WILL happen again. 

Were you able to hear the heartbeat yet?  Sometimes they can hear it as early as 6 weeks (we were lucky enough to hear it then), but sometimes it's a little later.  Regardless, the doctor told me whenever you hear a heartbeat, there's a 95% chance you'll carry to term.  That was a HUGE comfort on those early days when my symptoms started waning.

Tht.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"