March 2015 Moms
Options

Pale pink spotting. Kind of nervous.

I'm hoping it's implantation spotting. We had sex today. But we were gentle, but I guess that could be it.

Can you guys just help me understand the order of things. When does implantation occur? (Before or after positive tests?). Today is CD 27. I tested positive on CD 24.

Trying not to freak. O.O

Re: Pale pink spotting. Kind of nervous.

• Options
    shlittertootsshlittertoots member
    edited June 2014
    Implantation occurs before you have a positive test (usually 7-10 days after ovulation).  Your cervix might be irritated from sex--during pregnancy there's extra blood flow to the cervix so it can be irritated more easily.  Just keep an eye on it and if it increases, call your dr.  Hopefully it's nothing and will stop soon!  I know it's hard not to worry when you see any spotting :( but it's pretty common.
  • Options
    Agree - implantation has to happen first for a BFP to occur. FX it stops! Maybe things were irritated during sex?
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pink/brown spotting is pretty normal in early pregnancy. Try not to worry, though I know that is tough. Last pregnancy, I had some pink after sex once in early first tri - I was so terrified we didn't have sex for weeks. I eventually let go of the fear. If it continues or becomes heavier, call your OB/midwife. 
  • Options
    It's been an hour and none since.

I can't tell the difference right now between the ever present nausea and gas bloat, and cramps, and anxiety attack. I don't think I'm cramping?

God I hope that's the end of that. @frecklesinside well, I felt the feels. In the form of boo-hoo terrified crying :P

• Options
    @BostonAlison‌ I hope everything goes well! Since it was right after sex, it is probably related to that, right? My DH had the same idea today, and I will admit I was a little nervous! Totally agree that anxiety, cramps and nausea get mixed together and screw with the mind!
  • Options
    ((Hugs)). I'm pretty sure sex is what caused my spotting too, but it is fairly common. We can just do our best not to worry ourselves sick.
    Married My Love 8/09, Blessed with Captain Adorable 3/12
    [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

BFP#1 7/13/11 EDD 3/16/12 DS born 3/16/12

BFP#2 5/16/14 EDD 1/23/15 CP 5/21/14

BFP#3 6/25/14  EDD 3/2/15 

imageimageimage

• Options
    7am and alls well. I think I'm ok. :) Definitely a mindfuck.

Thanks so much.

• Options
    But ok just to think this through. I read that implantation spotting is a common cause for bleeding first trimester.

This makes no sense. If we all test and get positive results 8-14(?) days after that? The implantation was 1-2 weeks ago way before we knew? So what's that even listed as a symptom ?

• Options
    Implantation occurs 6-12 days after ovulation. You can usually test positive a couple days after that. It's really only an early pregnancy symptom in hindsight- there's not much to differentiate it from regular pre-period spotting.

Spotting IS common during first trimester, but it's not implantation related.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear you are doing better (hugs).
  • Options
    LesliWLesliW member
    Glad it's better! (Hugs) lady!!

Me (40) DH (45); Started dating 2-24-12, Married 5-13-13

BFP 3-16-13..EDD 11-17-13.. MMC 4-16-13 Confirmed/D&C 4-23-13...
    BFP #4 6-22-14 EDD 3-6-15 FX for our LO

• Options
    Glad to hear it stopped and I'm sorry for the extra anxiety you had to go through over it.
  • Options
    Glad you posted this question, and more importantly that it got better.
  • Options
    jap618jap618 member
    I'm glad it's stopped ((hugs))
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • Options
    I'm so glad it seems like it has stopped!
    BabyFetus Tickerimage
    BFP #1: DD born 08/12
    BFP #2: 04/13 Natural M/C: 5/13
    BFP #3: 06/14 DUE 3/5/15
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was told that as long as it doesn't get dark or heavy then don't worry. But if it changes colors, gets heavy and is followed by cramping call your doctor
  • Options
    Everyone else gave great advice and I agree with it all.  I'm just here to offer some ((hugs)).
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your support. But this was 2 weeks ago :). I am happily spot free since then hehe

• Options
    aesfaesf member
    @BostonAlison‌ the Ever present nausea is a crappy good sign! ;)

Where in Boston are you? I'm in Rozzie.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
    SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • Options
    I'm actually just outside of 495 so in Massachusetts standards I'm not in Boston lol. But for my family in NY and the rest of the world I might as well be haha.

We are near Marlboro.

• Options
    Oh.  Reading fail.  Those post dates are so much easier to notice on mobile.

Glad you're spot free!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"