2nd Trimester
Options

Is the gender accurate at 18 weeks?

I am having an ultrasound thursday and will be 18 weeks. How accurate will the results be?

Best Answers

Answers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Although it's easy to see if baby cooperates they can still be wrong. If you have a growth scan later on it's a little more accurate. But as others have said only seeing the goods at birth is 100%.

After 6 losses, we are so happy to have our rainbow baby!

• Options
    We were told during an ultrasound at 14 weeks that he's a boy. Confirmed at an ER visit a couple weeks later, no question boy, that kid wouldn't keep his legs closed lol. We had a great and patient tech and cooperative baby luckily!
  • Options
    13 weeks and everyone seems extremely confident it is a boy. They said they are not allowed to say 100% that it is a boy at this point...but they said they will say 80% chance it is a boy. It is pretty clear to see :) I would say it is easier to judge a boy than a girl early on. I would think 18 weeks is enough time to judge...But like many ladies said, once you give birth that is the only time it will be 100% :) haha
  • Options
    Its a boy!!
  • Options
    Congratulations! I have my AS this Friday and we're pretty excited about it :) I love these anatomy scan because we get to see so much. Hopefully though my little one is cooperative. Last one he was so squirmy it was hard to get some of the pictures right away lol
  • Options
    I was told girl at 15w, then last week at 16w5d I was told boy. My anatomy scan is July 21st. hopefully we can find out for sure. It's a little nerve racking to hear girl then boy. lol 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"