August 2013 Moms

Time of birthday party

Hi ladies! What time are you planning to have your birthday party for lo? Can't decide between an afternoon (12:00) or evening (4:00). What is your reasoning for your choice? Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Time of birthday party

• 1pm. Enough time for Serena to get a nap before, Xander to take a nap after, and most convenient for out of town guests.
  • 2-6. After nap time and plenty of time to get there even if there's shore traffic (which there likely will be).
  • Loading the player...
  • Noon. My family is coming from out of town so we thought it would be nice if we had a bbq then they could get home at a decent time that night. LO's naptime varies each day so there is never a guarantee she'll take an afternoon nap. I know she always takes a nap around 5 so I didn't want to have it too late.

image  image 

BFP #1 11/26/2012, EDD 8/7/2013, Elise Anne born 8/1/2013
    BFP #2 8/21/2014, EDD 4/11/2015, M/C 9w5d, D&C 9/17/2014
  • 1. She usually wakes up from her nap around 12:30 and i wanted her party to be going on during as much of her awake time as possible.

Anniversary

• pb&jojopb&jojo member
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to go with earlier...I do target this would be most convenient for out of town guests. Thanks again.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tentatively scheduled for 2-5 because he naps eight before and after as well. It may end for the guests but family may stick around since it's a bbq
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We are going with 12:30. Since ours is on a Sunday we wanted everyone to be able to get home at a decent time. And our LO naps around 10am. Lately, no pm nap.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ours is at 1 p.m... LO is usually awake from her morning nap about 12, so that should give us a happy birthday girl. Also, we have family coming in from out of town so it allows for travel time as well.

• Ours is starting at 1p. We doing it at a local park...So we needed to be mindful of Emma's nap and also the hours of the park

• We picked noon, simply because party will be outside and we want to beat the heat of the day. LO will probably still be napping for the first 30 min of her party, though. ;)

• APK141APK141 member
    We decided on 2:00 for 2 reasons:
    -LO should be able to (hopefully) get a good afternoon nap in.
    -people will have already eaten lunch. There will definitely be food, but not a meal! (mini sammiches, chips, veggies, fruit)
  • Ours is 11am. D naps 930-11 generally and then again at 2 so it should be right in between.
  • 5:30. Here in the desert we're in triple digits before noon. So 5:30 is usually the start of the cool off time... If there is such a thing. But I figure we pretty all live here and know what to expect and have indoors available for those not used to the heat. And the kids could care less but we'll have plenty of liquids and shade canopies covering the tables and activities
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • ludaliludali member
    edited July 2014
    Our's was yesterday - we had it start at 12, had all food out by 12:30...she did her cake smash by 1:45, was asleep for a nap by 2:30 - we walked around and said good-bye to everyone before nap in case seh slept too long and they wanted to leave...well most people stayed til 5/5:30!  It was nice having it at our house...she could nap in her own crib in peace.  :-)

EDIT:  She napped in the morning and woke at 11:30...so that worked well for us.  
  • ludali said:
    Our's was yesterday - we had it start at 12, had all food out by 12:30...she did her cake smash by 1:45, was asleep for a nap by 2:30 - we walked around and said good-bye to everyone before nap in case seh slept too long and they wanted to leave...well most people stayed til 5/5:30!  It was nice having it at our house...she could nap in her own crib in peace.  :-)

EDIT:  She napped in the morning and woke at 11:30...so that worked well for us.  
    Sounds like you guys had a great day, @ludali! :) 

• ludali said:

Did LO have fun???
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ludaliludali member
    @nittanygirl28 Yes, we had a good time!  She was exhausted!  Both naps for the day were 2 hours...she's never done that before!  So much excitement around I guess!  :-)  

I would say to everyone though, don't stress about it too much - seriously, I put SO MUCH into our wedding, and then it was over after one evening.  Same with this party - once it got underway, I just enjoyed it - did we forget to take out the pinata?  Yes.  Was it the end of teh world?  Absolutely not.  LOL.
  • We are keeping it in our little three man band so the party is going to last all day.
  • @ludali‌ - great advice!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"