Georgia Babies
Options

What Are Your Best Baby Products of 2008?

Ok, I just posted a list of mine on my blog (link in siggy)--but I would love to hear what yours are! What are the products you would recommend and/or products you can't imagine NOT having this year (can be anything you determine a great baby product--including services, memberships, toys, necessities, baby furniture, food, etc.)?

Look forward to reading everyone's responses. This board has been such a great help to me when researching baby-related stuff. Thanks, everyone, for your input over the last couple of years! 

Photo by Everything Nice Photography
My blog

Re: What Are Your Best Baby Products of 2008?

• Options
    I know i'm totally going to forget something but, I could not live without the noise machine we got for Finn's room, pumping in obnoxiously loud white noise was such aa dream come true that we wish we had only gotten it sooner for him and already ordered a second for deuce!  could not have lived without shout stain remover, god send!  could not have lived without the magical sounds of Raffi (google him and download him and love me for it forever).  Two things that we got later in the year, which are actually more age appropriate for when we got them and the fact that we'll/I'll be using them more come deuce's arrival, but are our memberships to the Aquarium and the Zoo!  We also have a membership to the Y which has been awesome since it got cold out cuz Finn loves the water so we take him there to swim AND we had a pass to our neighborhood pool this last summer that totally kicked ass and can't wait to get that one again this coming summer, even if I have no idea how I'm going to wrangle two little ones there by myself.  Oh and a list of activities, just to have on hand for when you're sitting around with no plans and decide you need to get out, having a list already made and sitting ready makes deciding what to do so much easier!  Oh and I couldn't have lived without the nose bulb sucker thing from the hospital!  We picked up two for Finn and I can't wait to pick up more for deuce.  oh and I couldn't have lived without my baby tracker (https://www.timetoo.com/) this was awesome for me but also awesome for the nanny to use so that way we could keep up with the day when he wasn't with us!  its been a long year and I know there are things I'm forgeting but can't wait to see everyone's lists!
  • Options

Love your blog and your list! I agree with you about the Pacimals and Lori Gordon's photography:-)

My Best Baby Products of 2008:

- diapers.com for diapers, wipes, nursing pads (free shipping)

- Summer Handheld Baby Monitor

- Baby 411 book

- Happiest Baby on the Block dvd

- Miracle Blanket for the baby Houdini

- wipes warmer

- Medela PISA

- hooter hider

Everything on this list is more for us. We bought DS a ton of stuff (swing, bouncer, playmat, mobile, bumbo, jumperoo, etc) and he hates them all! He prefers to interact with people:-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Jumperoo tops the list (although he's outgrowing it now and wants to be more mobile) - it got 8 months of use which is more than almost any other baby product we had

White noise machine - love it and take it everywhere - we could throw plates at the wall and he would never hear

Bugaboo - I loved ours and ds loved going for walks in the neighborhood and on the beach

Wipes warmer

Bottle warmer

Baby consignment sales (they rock - so many cute toys and clothes - so little money)

Food processor, ziploc microwave steam bags and ice cube trays - I made all ds's purees with this stuff

Carseat cover (shower cap style) was a lifesaver when he was in the infant carrier and born in the cold winter

DVD player for the car and backyardigans dvd - keeps him super entertained on long trips

• Options
    I would like to say I love this post. I love hearing things like this and it is super helpful for those of us that are making lists of things we need!
  • Options
    I love my Itzbeen, the battery operated nasal aspirator, and my graco swing. I also love SwaddleMe blankets.
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

The primo tub!!!! We used it from the first bath to around 2 years old!  Its worth the extra $$ from the other infant baths.

You know I am also a huge fan of non mainstream baby carriers like Mei Tais.  I also like carriers like the Ergo. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"