Infertility
Options

Vent...Why can't people think before they talk?

I just found out that a friend of mine is pg with her second baby (an oops baby too!).  I have been dealing with IF for 4 years and she knows all about what DH and I are going through.  I am hosting a New Year's Party and emailed everyone asking what they would like to drink.  She sent back an email saying that she would really like a drink and is very jealous of us getting to have our cocktails (insert pouty face).  I know that she is kind of (emphasis on kind of because usually she isn't kidding) kidding around but it just kills me when I hear people say things like that, especially to me, because I would give anything to be pg and not be able to drink.  I just want to say something snarky back about not knowing what it is like to be pg and not be able to drink, but I won't.

Ugh...Thanks for letting me vent.  I know it sounds petty but I am already so jealous of pg women and then to hear them complain about it just really irks me.

TTC since 8/2004
Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vent...Why can't people think before they talk?

• Options
    Just go up to her during the party with whatever your drinking and enjoy the hell out of that drink... think Harry Met Sally good! Big Smile Paybacks a b-itch!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    Haha...I agree with Krissy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry...you're in good company around here though (I've been ttc for almost 4 years too), as you already know...I would love to say that I can't have any libations this evening too, but alas it's not the case (AF is due Friday and I can feel the cramps coming already)....so I will enjoy my beer(s) and hope that sometime soon will be my turn....Happy New Year! Hope your party rocks!
  • Options

That stinks. I vote replying that you wish you were pregnant and couldn't drink. I don't think it's snarky at all, and it gets your point across.

I hope you enjoy your party anyway...

• Options

I have found that most pregnant ladies can not stand the smell of bloody mary's or dirty martinis. Please have one of those and make sure she smells it and makes her ill:)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

You all are awesome! You totally made me smile.

IF makes me feel like a petty biatch sometimes especially since I am the only one in my circle of friends/family who has no kids and has had problems getting pg.  If one more person gets pg on the first try or has an oops baby I may just go nuts!

Thanks again for your encouraging words I don't feel so silly for being hurt by the small things when I can vent to you all :-). 

I see a dirty martini in my near future too!Devil

Happy New Year's to all of you!

TTC since 8/2004
    Me - DX Hashimoto's Disease, Hypothyroid, Rheumatoid Arthritis
    DH - DX Azoospermia - Sertoli Cell Syndrome
    DS-IUI #1-4 BFN IVF #1 - BFP! It's a boy!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I second the orgasmic sounds while drinking your foul smelling drink! Have a few of them and find every possible chance to "chat" w/ her.

I believe in payback Devil

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I dont think you are being petty. Those kind of comments suck. But even more when coming from a friend who knows what you are going through. Hope you have a good time tonight.
  • Options
    imagemybobble:

I second the orgasmic sounds while drinking your foul smelling drink! Have a few of them and find every possible chance to "chat" w/ her.

I believe in payback Devil

You guys (girls) are TOOOO funny ~ I LOVE it ~!~....have an extra dirty bloody mary and oops....spill some on the biatch ~image~ how DARE she put you through that ~ ENJOY yourself and possibly she will be GREEN with envy by the end of the year~!~....bringing the good luck your way for the New Year!

Have a HAPPY New Year!!!

imageimageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"