Washington Babies

PT Nanny Pay?

I am considering a nanny for my children. I'm not sure where to go to figure out what is a fair pay rate. 

I work from home and the nanny would be here with my 2.5 year old 3 days per week and meet my 5 year old at the bus and do after school care for him for about an hour. What is a reasonable hourly rate for this? My toddler will be potty trained by then and I would probably have her do light housework, like maybe throw the kids laundry in and clean up after meals, but nothing intense. 

I am considering having a third, so then it would be a newborn and 3.5 year old for about 25 hours per week in my home. How would a newborn affect the rate? I live in rural Snohomish, so I'm assuming it would be less than in the city, but I'm just not sure where to find the info.

Re: PT Nanny Pay?

• karit3karit3 member
    I have a friend in the city who pays $20/hr for twin babies. She said it would have been around $10/hr if she just had one.
    {\colortbl\red255\green255\blue255;\red51\green51\blue51;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs22 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2
  • reyrey2014reyrey2014 member
    edited July 2014
    I'm a nanny with over ten years of childcare experience. I live in Bellevue, WA. I recommend if that you want an experienced Nanny (with CPR certification) that you pay at least $15/hr. I recommend consulting the pay rate calculator on care.com to calculate an appropriate rate based on number of hrs/week, number of children, and years of experience, for your specific zip code. www.care.com/vistor/childcarePayCalculator.do
    You can also search for nannies on care.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"