Georgia Babies
Options

Does your DC sleep in a sleep sack

...or something like that?

We are getting ready to take the swaddle out of the picture.  It is a pain in the arsh and  DS is clearly over it but doesn't know how to sleep w/o it yet.  We tried to ease him out of it, one arm at a time and that didn't work either.  We were thinking a sleep sack might help with the transition?

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does your DC sleep in a sleep sack

• Options
    Colin never liked swaddle, even from day one so we had no transition out of it. He does use a sleep sack though and I think it makes him feel cozy w/o being restricted. GL.
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We used one and Geneva didn't mind it at all. I think I started using it around 4 months. I had a light cotton one for summer and a fleecy one for when it started getting cold.

We weren't swaddling at night, just for naps. I went cold turkey and dropped it all together. I'm not sure how the sleep sack would work as a substitute - it's way looser than a swaddle. Good luck!

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went from the swaddle to the sleep sack at 4 months and he still sleeps with one, and it is great. We could never use a blanket, he moves way too much!
  • Options

I just dropped the swaddle last week and put him in a sleep sack, it's going well so far.  The swaddle just wasn't doing anything for him anymore, and it was a pain in the rear to either have to re do it in the middle of the night if he woke to eat or take care not to mess it up.  I'm glad we are done with it!

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    Yes. But only to keep him warm since he's so mobile and often moves out from under the blanket he also has in the crib. IMO, they're too loose to really be a substitute for the comfort of the swaddle, but are a good alternative/addition to blankets.
  • Options
    We went from the swaddle to the sleep sack basically cold turkey and he was fine with it.  We had one bad night when we did the transition and then the next night was fine. We don't use the sleep sack anymore because his legs kept getting tangled up in it since he moves around so much.
  • Options
    Ridge did the swaddle blankets until about 2 months and then slept in a sleep sack until he was one.
  • Options
    They never really caught on around here ... though we had a few when Kate was little. She just sleeps in her PJs ... no covers or anything over her.
    Photo by Everything Nice Photography
    My blog
  • Options
    Ugh I feel your pain.  C breaks free almost every night, but can't fall asleep without the swaddle... she is just too interested in her hands and feet to fall asleep.  I think we are going to try the sleep sack too.  Let me know how it goes for yall.
  • Options

Abigail is still being swaddled, but if you want to transition your DS from being swaddled to the sleep sack, they make sleep sacks with a part that you use to swaddle. Its just a velcro attachment. So you can use that to slowly transition from the swaddling to the sleep sack. I'd think that just going from being swaddle to the sleep sack would be too big of transition since the sleep sack is so loose, and just an alternative to a blanket.

Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"