July 2014 Moms
Options

STM: Gift from baby to big brother or big sister

Good Morning ladies:

I am looking for ideas on what to get DD from DD2 when she is born.  What did you get and how did the "baby" give it to your older child?

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image

Re: STM: Gift from baby to big brother or big sister

• Options
    We got DS a you're a big brother book that came with a little medallion he can wear around his neck. It's personalized with his and her names in it from iseeme.com.

image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD is only 19 months old so I was on the fence about this. But we got her a small Minnie Mouse figurine with snap on clothes she can change, and a Minnie Mouse sticker pad. We will say it's from her baby sister. She already has the books and a new "big sister" shirt to wear to the hospital.

• Options
    The baby didn't get DD a present, but she made a Build A Bear for the baby and brought it to the hospital.
  • Options
    The ability to search the bump for things that have been posted eleventy billion times.
    imageimage

Alexander - 8/9/14
  • Options
    We got DS a you're a big brother book that came with a little medallion he can wear around his neck. It's personalized with his and her names in it from iseeme.com.
    this is adorable!!!!

image image
  • Options
    -lurking from Aug '14-

DS (7) got baby a build a bear which he dressed as aurora, baby got DS a book about being a sibling, a small lego set, a build your own transformer and an activity book (all things that would keep him occupied when he comes to see her in the hospital - I also got everything except the book and card w/big bro button on clearance)

I got them both a big brother and little sister bear. They look exactly alike except DS bear is bigger. In perm marker i wrote "big brother bear -LO birthdate-" and "little sister bear -LO birthdate-" on the tags.
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • Options
    DS is 20 mos and obsessed with blues clues so baby will be giving him a plush blue's clues dog!
  • Options
    A plush toy of a character ds loves. It rode back and forth to the hosp. every time he came to visit over 4 days;)
    imageimage"">

• Options
    I've read to get the older sib something they've really wanted. So we got DS1 Cranky the Crane from (Thomas the Train). He loves it and keeps bragging how his baby brother got it for him.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Big brother is getting the Jake and the Neverland Pirates VTech computer from baby sister. I wrapped it and will bring it to the birth center so he can open it after he meets her.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    We bought DS1 (3 1/2) a LeapReader because he's got a strong interest in learning how to read. I figure it will kill 2 birds with 1 stone because it can be a gift from the baby at the hospital and also give DS1 something to help keep him occupied while I'm nursing DS2 at home.

We also bought this Big Sibling book but we've already opened it and started filling stuff in
    https://smile.amazon.com/The-Big-Sibling-Book-According/dp/0307461971/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405173706&sr=8-1&keywords=the+big+sibling+book
  • Options
    DD gave DS her presence. He's 22 months. He's not going to "get" that whatever gift he's given is "from" her.
  • Options
    DS is 2 1/2 and will have a shirt to open before he comes to the hospital and a take and play Thomas set to open at the hospital. It will keep him occupied and it's easy to transport. He will be bringing his sister her onesie that matches his shirt and a teddy bear.
  • Options
    DD is going to get a "glow seahorse". I can't wait for it to arrive.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    Am I the shitty mom that won't be doing anything? DS (19mo) doesn't understand what's going on. I've been trying to tell him but he just doesn't understand. 

ZBC 11/2012 & SNC 7/2014

bridemaids angry penis annie

• Options
    I think it's so strange to purchase a gift from the baby... We took our boys shopping together for a special toy that will keep them busy during my labor at home and they are waiting until that day to open them. They are not under the impression that newborns come bearing gifts.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Allison546Allison546 member
    edited July 2014

Am I the shitty mom that won't be doing anything? DS (19mo) doesn't understand what's going on. I've been trying to tell him but he just doesn't understand. 

Nah, same here. DS is 18mos and wouldn't get it... I don't think an actual gift item is gonna ease the transition or make much of a difference at his age.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I got DD1 some coloring/sticker activity books and new crayons from her baby sister. And she'll bring DD2 a little baby doll that says "my first dolly". Cheap, cute, easy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Nah, same here. DS is 18mos and wouldn't get it... I don't think an actual gift item is gonna ease the transition or make much of a difference at his age.

I got a stuffed puppy for sd to give LO. Only because I cherished a stuffed animal my brother gave me. She is 11 in a week, and I am over the presents for everything lifestyle.

She did get a fun monogrammed shirt in her "go" bag as a surprise, but it isn't/wasn't a big deal present from the baby or because of the baby.
  • Options
    Nothing. My boys are old enough to know the baby can't buy them presents. We may get them something but it will be from us that says "thank you boys for being so kind and understanding when mommy has to give the baby lots of her attention."
    BabyFetus Ticker

image image

• Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!!!!!

image image
  • Options
    My DD is staying with her aunt until the baby is born, and has a "big sister" shirt in her bag to wear to the hospital when she visits.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    DS1 is 20 months old so he doesn't understand the whole baby thing really. I am most likely going to end up with a c-section so the gift we got him is mainly to occupy him in the hospital with a cool new toy. We bought him a Dr. kit so that he can pretend to check on mommy and baby (with much supervision of course) just like the Drs. He also has a big brother shirt and a few i'm a big brother books.
  • Options
    We have 2 girls - 4 1/2 and 2 1/2- and baby brother on the way. We didn't get them presents from him, per se. We did get them each a small activity book- stickers and coloring, small princess figurine, and a DisneyNature documentary DVD for us to watch and play together at the hospital. Their attention span in a small room will be short, so we wanted them to have something to do when they visit. They made a Build-a-bear for their brother which they will bring for him when they meet him.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ds1 is only two but we've been reading books and talking about being a big brother. This week i got a train table off craigs list in awesome condition that will be set up when he gets home and meets his new little brother (he'll stay with my parents while we're in the hospital).

Not sure he'll understand it's from ds2 but he will go bananas over it and it'll be a great distraction from having his world shift until we are all settled in as a fam of four!
    Alex has arrived! 9 pounds, 21 inches - 3 weeks early on March 2nd ~went natural - very intense. whew!~
  • Options
    DD is only 22 months so she would not get that something was from the baby.  But we did get her something from us just to keep her occupied and happy when she comes the the hospital.  She is obsessed with a book that has a purple hippo named Boppo so we got her a stuffed purple hippo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"