Breastfeeding
Options

An introduction

Hi - I have two young daughters and have combo fed both of them from the beginning. I like breastfeeding but also wanted some freedom, if you know what I mean. :) From the looks of this board I'll probably jump back and forth a bit between here and formula feeding.

I'm happy to share advice or swap stories about what it's like to combo feed.

Re: An introduction

• Options
    I EBF both of my babies, so I guess I don't know what you mean when you say, 'wanted some freedom'.  Perhaps you would care to elaborate?

And if this is who I think it is, then don't think you are fooling anybody!
  • Options

Hi- Yes, I'm in full support of breastfeeding. I've been a combo feeder since day one or two with both kids so I have some experience in that department. I'm not going to advice on things I don't know about.

sschwege - Sure I can elaborate. It was important to me to try breastfeeding but I didn't want to do it exclusively. I know myself well enough to know that I would have felt overwhelmed and tied down if I EBF. Luckily I was able to work it out and can combo feed. I would BF here and there (every day of course) and give formula when I wasn't around. It worked well for my family and my husband and I were able to share the feeding and getting up responsibilities. I love my kids to death, but like having some freedom to come and go when I please as well.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    To each her own. And please don't feel bad for me. I'm super happy and so aren't my kids. But thanks for your concern.
  • Options
    Hi. Are we supposed to intro on any board we post? I may have messed up. I have combo fed all of my children because of supply issues. It was a hard pill to swallow at first but now I've embraced it. B
    I have these tiny people who follow me around and call me mom, they are cute, so I let them stay.
  • Options
    JulyMumma said:

Hi - I have two young daughters and have combo fed both of them from the beginning. I like breastfeeding but also wanted some freedom, if you know what I mean. :) From the looks of this board I'll probably jump back and forth a bit between here and formula feeding.

I'm happy to share advice or swap stories about what it's like to combo feed.

I find this post puzzling and offensive.  Puzzling b/c if you are so comfortable w/ FF for "freedom," I wonder why you would be participating in a board offering support and encouragement to BF moms.  Offensive b/c I have busted my tail to BF at home and pump at work (in a non-BF friendly environment).  Against all odds, my DS is now 9 mo old, in 95+%ile for growth and has not yet had a drop of formula.  I think the women here who do use formula do so because circumstance demands it, not because they desire "freedom."  
    TTC #1 12/2009
    BFP #1 1/2010, M/C 6 weeks
    BFP #2 6/2010, DD lost to
    congenital heart diseasewe are heartbroken.

TTC #2 4/2011, diagnosed MTHFR, FVL
    Four natural cycles BFN; Clomid IUI BFN; Follistim IUI BFN;
    1/2012 IVF #1 BFN
    4/2012 FET BFP #3
    5/2012 7w1d u/s: anembryonic demise; M/C @ 8w.
    6/2012 found Stage II/III endo on laparoscopy, removed w/ laser.
    8/2012 IVF #2 epic fail: no viable embryos.

Vacation, break, second opinions, on to new RE.
    1/2013 Surprise chemical pregnancy BFP #4 (break cycle), IVF #3 postponed.
    2/2013 TI w/ hormonal support, prednisone, aspirin, Lovenox, acupuncture gave us a miracle BFP #5!
    Heartbeat on U/S at 6w1d!
    Baby,please stay!!
    Our miracle baby boy arrived 10/2013!  We are so in love!!

10/2014 Surprise BFP #6
    Our second daughter arrived in May 2015!  We are so grateful!  

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sschwegesschwege member
    edited July 2014
    flcl said:
    While I also hate pumping, I definitely don't feel tied down. In fact, EBF makes it so much more convenient to take LO with me wherever I go.
    That's so true.  If I were a FF mom, I'm sure my kid would have gone hungry at least once or twice because I forgot to pack bottles.  Boobs are so convenient because you can't just forget them at home.
    This!

Plus at night I was able to just pull the baby into bed with me and feed them lying down.  DH would change the baby's diaper, so literally I never left the bed to feed because the bassinette was right next to me.  No bottles to prepare and wash the next morning, it was great!

So no OP, I don't know what you mean...
  • Options
    I haven't intro'd but I just commented on another thread. Was I supposed to intro? Happy to but not sure of the protocol :) TIA!
  • Options
    Sounds like a touched a nerve. We're all different moms with different needs and concerns. I'm certainly entitled to my opinion and for me EBF felt very restricting. It's about doing whatever is best for your family.
  • Options

To the other newbies: no need to intro, we're happy to give advice/answer questions for anyone who posts here looking to be successful at breastfeeding. We believe this poster, while claiming to be new, has some history here that is less than positive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"