Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rock N Play?

Hi!
How many of you are using a Rock N Play for night sleeping?  If so, why did you choose it?  Do you worry about their little heads? 
We are leaning toward one for this baby since I think the manufacturer changed the hard plastic behind the baby's head.  We can't cosleep with this one for a few reasons, so this seems like the right solution.
TIA!

CageyMack
37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

Re: Rock N Play?

• Options
    ZakahZakah member

I worried about her head a little bit at the beginning but after a few nights I realized it was fine.  The thing I really didn't like was that she seemed to slide down in it. the only time we use it now is for travel and for colds or congestions and she needs to be elevated. It was also nice to have it if  I wanted to bring her in a different room but she was asleep...

Hope that helps!!

• Options
    Bought RNP because of a cold but he seemed to like it. Used it for several weeks. We transitioned to crib because he got to big.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we used it till about 3 months but he honestly slept in his swing more often

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Options
    We used a RNP for daytime sleep for about the first 4 weeks (he doesn't like it as much anymore).  There is still hard plastic, but it's covered with a padded fabric.  With infants you don't want something TOO padded.   The important part is to make sure they don't spend ALL of their time in the same position -- so alternate the RNP with holding the baby in different ways (against your chest, on your lap, laying on the floor, etc).  

As far as where to have the baby sleep at night, it's really the BABY who will decide that :-)   It really depends on which room the baby is going to sleep in and how much room there is.   Most babies seem to do better on a slight incline (we used the newborn napper attachment to our PNP, then moved to the flat part of the PNP with one end elevated with pillows under the mattress to create a very slight incline).  If you start in the RNP, it may (or may not) be more difficult to transition to a flatter sleep surface later....but really, the first month is all about survival mode.  Don't sweat it too much, just do what works for you.
    imageDSC_9275  image

• Options
    My DD still uses the RnP at 5 months. She did not like being swaddled or laying in a crib so she slept on a boppy for the 1st month until we got the RnP and she loves it.  She sttn and has amazing naps, right now we are working on transitioning her to a PnP, starting at nap time.  I was never worried about her head, the bed is soft and she can sit up on her own when she is not in the RnP.

• Options
    ChrMooChrMoo member
    Both of my girls slept in the RnP, my second DD until 6-7 weeks it helped so much with her reflux. No I didn't worry about their heads and there was no issues. She still naps in it daily, usually falls asleep after breakfast in it. Best item ever purchased!
    image image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kee271kee271 member
    We used the RnP for the first 3 months. It was the only way my little guy would sleep for more than 20 minutes. I tell everyone I know who is having a baby to buy one!
  • Options
    I agree, best purchase! My DD slept in this at night the first 3 months, slept in the crib during the day, so was an easy transition. The RnP was the only reason I got any sleep at night!
  • Options
    We used it at first because she wouldn't sleep in anything else at first, it was great. I think it made her feel snug. We used it for bedtime for about 3-4 weeks. Then we went to a bassinet, the transition was smooth. She is now 4 months and I still use it for naps from time to time!! Best purchase ever!

• Options
    we only using for napping, but use to use it for nighttime sleep until we transitioned to the crib. 
  • Options
    Our little girl sleeps in a bassinet next to us but the RnP has been a lifesaver, especially when she was newborn. I still put her in it and take her in the bathroom while I shower and she always stays happy in it. I like it because it is so portable, we take it for her to sleep in if we go out of town too. I would recommend it for sure!
  • Options
    We used the RNP until DD1 was almost 6 months old, she slept great in it and it helped with her reflux. DD2 is almost 3 months old and loves it as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"