2nd Trimester
Options

any philadelphia moms?

hey lovely preggo ladies, 
I'm a first time mom, due in November :) None of my friends in Philly are expecting or new moms and would love to speak to other local expecting mothers, and share these new experiences together; it's one of the most exciting and stressful times in our lives. 

Re: any philadelphia moms?

• Options
    I'm from Philadelphia but I ran to Florida. 
    Couldn't take all the hate anymore.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @joy2611 thank you! it's such a quiet group! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @joy2611, i think i responded to yours actually yesterday haha. i'm delivering there & am super excited about the birthing suites. even though its first come first serve (i'll make sure i'm the loudest one in pain so they feel bad and will take me in) 
  • Options
    @redheadbaker i will be delivering at Penn. I actually just emailed about attending their preparation class. i'm 21 weeks now but everything in philly is so competitive and waitlists are so long to daycares that i am trying to figure most things out now so I don't drive myself insane during maternity leave. Did you deliver at Penn? Any overall advice? 
  • Options
    @redheadbaker : there's several in our neighborhood, we are in northern liberties, but the prices overall are a little steep, however, i'm willing to pay if i find the right place. I scheduled several tours starting next week. I'm lucky that with my schedule (i'm a social worker) i can find the right place with evening hours past 5! 
  • Options
    I go to Penn Medicine, right on 8th and Spruce, I really love the doctors there. however, some u/s tech, well the only one i saw so far had TERRIBLE bedside manners. I hope i don't have to see her tomorrow as we have the anatomy scan and i will have many questions. She wouldn't even talk to me during the last u/s when i asked questions. all she said was "we aren't done yet, the doc will talk to you" i was angry, it took everything in me to bite my tongue. I liked Friends, i really did, until they told me the price for full time. I choked on my water. The ones in my neighborhood are approximately $900 a month, instead of their $1700 per month price tag. i just can't do it. 
    ...being poor blows. 
  • Options
    Hiya! I'm a ftm 14 weeks so new to the second tri board. We live in manayunk and I am delivering at Pennsylvania Hospital with the midwives as well! So excited about all the new private rooms there. I'm also stressing about day cares as I am going back to work at 8 weeks. I can't stand the thought of sending my itty bitty newborn to a germ infested daycare! We may shell out for a nanny for the first few months at least till she is fully immunized. I'm a teacher so I'll be off with her in the summer which will recoup some $$ and then she can go to my schools babycare after 6 mos!! Yay!
  • Options
    cottonkidcottonkid member
    edited July 2014

:-?

Not sure what's confusing about that? Common knowledge that day cares are a breeding ground for germs and sickness. Toddlers and older children are immunized and it's not a big deal, but putting a partially immunized infant in the mix before her antibodies are established is scary! An 8 week old catching chicken pox from a 3 year old could be life threatening!

I work at a preschool so trust me, every time a new kid enrolls they go through about 6 mos of catching all the sicknesses before their immune system catches up. Anyway maybe that's more clear, I wasn't trying to be rude.
  • Options

I go to Penn Medicine, right on 8th and Spruce, I really love the doctors there.  

Hey OP sorry this thread got hijacked! Anyway I am just transferring to Pennsy OBGYNs but I'm gong to see the midwives. Are you seeing the OBs or the midwives or both? My first apt is next week so I'm glad to hear you really like it there. I'm also hoping for one of the birthing suites! Although all of the new l&d rooms are amazing from what I've heard. Have you done a tour yet?
  • Options
    Hello :) I'm from Philly!
  • Options
    Oh wait - this thread is kind of old. Sorry!
  • Options
    yeah.yeah. member
    I'm also stressing about day cares as I am going back to work at 8 weeks. I can't stand the thought of sending my itty bitty newborn to a germ infested daycare!
    :-?
    LOL. You're a teacher. Guess who's bringing home the germs to your itty-bitty,

OP: I live in Philly. I delivered one at HUP and one at Lankenau. Lankenau was a vastly better experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"