April 2013 Moms

UO?

Anybody got anything??
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: UO?

• Here's mine!  I realize this is totally unrealisic and I'm not sure I even 100% agree, but when you're working and pregnant i feel like you should get a free pass to feel like ass, miss work, and make mistakes!  I had to leave work with a terrible migraine today, just before giving a huge presentation to my director, and i feel like my brain doesn't work, and like I just cannot catch a break lately at work! I am so frustrated!

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not sure if this is unpopular, but my car has a rear view camera that shows a screen when I'm in reverse of what's behind me. I hate it. I feel like its distracting and makes drivers too lazy to check their mirrors. Similarly, I think GPS is great and have it in my car, but people rely far too much on it. I feel like mapping out in your head where you're going gives you a better sense of where you are spatially rather than just following a line.
    Wholeheartedly agree.  GPS makes people turn off their brains.  Back-up camera... nice to be used IN ADDITION to looking behind you, but not in place of. 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I HATE my backup camera.  I've learned that things are closer than my back up camera leads me to believe.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I LOVE my backup camera! I also love the beeping sound my car makes when I get too close to an object, although I'm too dependent on it now and have near collisions when I drive MH's car.

BFP #2: 11-7-14, CP (BFN: 11-13-14)

BFP #3: 3/24/15 EDD: 12/5/15

• I finally remembered the one I've had since May.

I hate euphemisms for death. Like, saying someone is "deceased" is OK, but I hate when people say "he passed (on/away)" or even worse, "she's gone." I always want to say "She's gone? Really? Where did she go--Bermuda?" I wish people would just say "he died" and get straight to the point!
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • While I find rhinestones on nails tacky, I am totally entertaining the thought of getting a set of fake eyelashes for a weekend wedding in Vegas soon...hypcrite?

imageimageimage
  • Kate_C said:

I think rhinestones on fingernails is really tacky.

On this note, I have a friend who uses the stick-on nails in patterns.  She said she wants to do a gold/leopard pattern before our girls' weekend together next week.  I really wanted to say "FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, NOOOOO!"  I love her, but so tacky.  

I kept my inner bitch quiet for once though and just said "that's interesting" in true Minnesota passive-aggressive manner.  

Such a good Minnesotan!

I don't understand the crazy of jamberry nails or whatever or weird "crackle" polish... I mean maybe in junior high....

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • While I find rhinestones on nails tacky, I am totally entertaining the thought of getting a set of fake eyelashes for a weekend wedding in Vegas soon...hypcrite?

When are you in Vegas?? I'm going in 2 weeks!

Next week 07/17-07/20, MAN we just missed a bumpie party!
    imageimageimage

Next week 07/17-07/20, MAN we just missed a bumpie party!

Boooooooo!!! :((
  • I LOVE Adam Sandler and I think he is HILARIOUS.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tondraluv said:

I have one: I think people should be penalized inhumanly for the crimes they committed. For example; All these parents leaving kids in hot cars is some bullshyt. Same thing with that mother who suffocated her 11 month old and got charged with second degree murder, what kind of bullshyt is that?! Their punishments should match their crimes. Furthermore, they should let their families and/or other parents do their punishment. Like have a good ole fashion ass whooping forum.

I'm going to go out on a limb (and correct me if I'm wrong) and say that you've had someone that you're close to be victimized in a cruel way. I don't think that I ever believed in the death penalty until several members of my family were murdered in their house and then he burned the house down. I wish my family could have put him in a basement and burned the house down. He totally deserved that.

• I know it was last week but I think the Supreme Court should have turned down the Hobby Lobby case instead of weighing in on it. That it is now, in essence, legal for for profit employers to push their religious beliefs on their employees (in the name of religious freedom) is a major problem for me.

"Not only are we going to pay you minimum wage, but we're also not going to cover family planning, so good luck paying for your unintended pregnancies. Oh, and we're also the assholes who don't want to pay for the Medicaid and social services systems. And we don't believe in abortion. Basically, we suck." -Hobby Lobby, supported by the Supreme Court.

PS I read the opinion because I'm a huge nerd. Probably should have saved that for FFFC...
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Luckey4 said:
    I finally remembered the one I've had since May.

I hate euphemisms for death. Like, saying someone is "deceased" is OK, but I hate when people say "he passed (on/away)" or even worse, "she's gone." I always want to say "She's gone? Really? Where did she go--Bermuda?" I wish people would just say "he died" and get straight to the point!
    Okay, I hate when people say "dead" . When I would tell someone about my sisters passing I never said that word. I always said she passed away, or we lost her. I say it because it hurts too much and it's too hard to say "dead". The person says something how they are most comfortable for the given situation, so for someone to share information that is so hurtful and they are being judge or side eyed because they didn't use the correct term that you wanted them to use is crap, they lost a loved one. Deal with it. 
    That would be why it's an unpopular opinion. People can say whatever they want, but for me, it's more painful to sugarcoat reality than to just say upfront "that person is dead."
    Anniversary  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just thought of one...... I don't know when it started or where it came from but everyone calling us Merica or #Merica is driving me nuts! It's America and we don't need slang for everything
    I don't really think that's slang as much as making fun of the "don't you dare take away my guns and bibles, cuz this is MERICA and I'm free to do what I want and you can suck it" attitude... 

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I have one: I think people should be penalized inhumanly for the crimes they committed. For example; All these parents leaving kids in hot cars is some bullshyt. Same thing with that mother who suffocated her 11 month old and got charged with second degree murder, what kind of bullshyt is that?! Their punishments should match their crimes. Furthermore, they should let their families and/or other parents do their punishment. Like have a good ole fashion ass whooping forum.
    I'm going to go out on a limb (and correct me if I'm wrong) and say that you've had someone that you're close to be victimized in a cruel way. I don't think that I ever believed in the death penalty until several members of my family were murdered in their house and then he burned the house down. I wish my family could have put him in a basement and burned the house down. He totally deserved that.
    Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. 
  • Luckey4 said:
    I finally remembered the one I've had since May.

Okay, I hate when people say "dead" . When I would tell someone about my sisters passing I never said that word. I always said she passed away, or we lost her. I say it because it hurts too much and it's too hard to say "dead". The person says something how they are most comfortable for the given situation, so for someone to share information that is so hurtful and they are being judge or side eyed because they didn't use the correct term that you wanted them to use is crap, they lost a loved one. Deal with it. 
    That would be why it's an unpopular opinion. People can say whatever they want, but for me, it's more painful to sugarcoat reality than to just say upfront "that person is dead."
    I totally get the unpopular thing. I was just throwing out mine as well. 
  • @sherina825‌ yes, my cousin who my grandmother raised me with was murdered by a known drug dealer. They skinned off his tattoos and threw him in an alley like he was garbage. He had no drug ties whatsoever and had just got accepted to several top universities to play basketball for them. If I could, I think I would truly hurt that man so he couldn't hurt anyone else. I'm so sorry about your family. @JSS1002‌ I can definitely see that point and I should've said with stipulations.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• JollyWife said:
    I will never shop at Hobby Lobby again, and I'll judge those who do.
    I had zero interest in Hobby Lobby to begin wtih, but I'll certainly never shop there now... that said, I think that they are a private company so while I'm appalled by their choices, I don't know that it is for the gov't to get involved in.  If they do, then I think the gov't needs to get involved in Wal Mart and stop all their evil health care practices as well.  

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • skidderdo said:

I know it was last week but I think the Supreme Court should have turned down the Hobby Lobby case instead of weighing in on it. That it is now, in essence, legal for for profit employers to push their religious beliefs on their employees (in the name of religious freedom) is a major problem for me.

"Not only are we going to pay you minimum wage, but we're also not going to cover family planning, so good luck paying for your unintended pregnancies. Oh, and we're also the assholes who don't want to pay for the Medicaid and social services systems. And we don't believe in abortion. Basically, we suck." -Hobby Lobby, supported by the Supreme Court.

PS I read the opinion because I'm a huge nerd. Probably should have saved that for FFFC...
    Not to start a political debate but this is why I just can't subscribe to that school of thought. I mean they're so hypocritical. In one breath it's "government get away from my money and my guns" but in the next breath it's "government outlaw reproductive rights." Either you want government intervention or you damn don't. It can't go both ways. Get on the damn boat or get off and STFU! Sorry... That was a rant.
  • sherina825sherina825 member
    edited July 2014
    Luckey4 said:

tondraluv said:

I have one: I think people should be penalized inhumanly for the crimes they committed. For example; All these parents leaving kids in hot cars is some bullshyt. Same thing with that mother who suffocated her 11 month old and got charged with second degree murder, what kind of bullshyt is that?! Their punishments should match their crimes. Furthermore, they should let their families and/or other parents do their punishment. Like have a good ole fashion ass whooping forum.

Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. 
    Thanks. It was 15 years ago but it still stings hard. It was my great aunt, great uncle and cousin. The worst part is that the guy was my aunt's nephew. I'm in my feelings a lot right now because the particular uncle's sister is having a birthday party tomorrow and he should be there. Out of the 13 children that my great grandparents had only three are living now. And the fact that one (and his wife and child) is gone due to a greedy asshole just upsets me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"