Boston Babies
Options

Natural friendly OB recs, newton wellesley hospital

My current insurance doesn't cover *any* midwives in MA, so it looks like I can't use the midwife who delivered DS. I hope to have a natural, unmedicated birth, and I am looking for an OB that would do her best to help me get there. I loved delivering at NWH and hope to deliver there again. Any recommendations are appreciated! 

Re: Natural friendly OB recs, newton wellesley hospital

• Options
    I saw Dr. Elizabeth Konig for DD2 and I was very happy with her.  She has an office in Walpole and in the hospital medical office building. 

We didn't talk very specifically about natural birthing options because I already knew a lot from my first daughter's birth, but when I did ask her questions she always had a very moderate approach which I appreciated.  For instance, when I asked what would happen if I went past my due date, she said that usually they start talking about inducing around 41 weeks, but if the mother and baby are both looking healthy and mom wants to wait a little longer, she's generally willing to wait a bit more. 

I always felt very relaxed around Dr. Konig and got the feeling that she would work with me to have whatever type of birth I wanted.  Unfortunately, she didn't actually deliver DD, but my labor was so fast that at that point I didn't care who was at the other end catching DD.  If she is accepting new patients, I highly recommend her.
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"