Baby Names
Options

Second guessing name for baby girl

When I was three months we decided on our name. We both love Scarlett Olivia. Love, love. However, recently, I have had second thoughts. I am so worried that she will be picked on or called scar or scarf ace. Kids can be so cruel. I'm not sure what to do because we do love the name, but it will break my heart if she is tormented bc of a name I gave her. We decided our boys names early on and never changed them or even wanted to. It's so hard bc I can't find another name I like half as much. Any advice or name suggestions?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Second guessing name for baby girl

• Options
    Lol, I'm cracking up. Thanks for that. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's a beautiful name!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL @ Assface Mcidiot.

I agree with emmy. It's a perfectly good name. Kids can be jerks, but you aren't giving them anything they can go crazy with.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I can't stop laughing at Assface McIdiot. I may have to use that one on DH next time he does something stupid. lol.

Scarlett is a beautiful name! Kids can be cruel, but I really doubt they'd make fun of the name Scarlett.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, if a kid is targeted, they'll find any way to bully or taunt. One of the most popular kids in my high school, his name was Claude Peniss (or was it Pennis). Kids could have easily called him a clod or any part of his name could have been mocked. But he was very charismatic , popular, and accomplished. A kid who often got bullied, his name was Tony Reeves. So truly, the name isn't the target unless the kid is already a target.
  • Options
    Love Scarlett Olivia, btw :)
  • Options
    I would go with assface mcidiot for sure.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• Options
    Thank you ladies! This was so helpful. That is true. They will find a way to tease if that's their intention. Good, one more thing I will try not to worry about!
  • Options
    erinmserinms member
    It is a beautiful name- keep it. Definitely not a bad idea at all.
  • Options
    My niece is Scarlett, she is 7, and she has never said that kids at school tease her. I think it's a beautiful name!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Great! Thanks everyone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"