March 2014 Moms
Options

FFFC

I actually have one today!
Once MH gets out of the army he wants to be a paramedic so he will be home during the day while I work.

My FFFC: I would rather send LO to daycare because I don't like how he acts when he's alone with her.

He plays video games while putting her on her playmat and doesn't pay attention to her and also lets her CIO for naps by forcing the pacifier in her mouth instead of letting her spit it out and put it back in which makes her scream until she passes out. He also never wakes up when she cries.
image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    snow527 said:

Yikes @catsarefun‌ I would be having a serious talk with YH. Mine was sort of like that in the beginning but once she started smiling and being social he enjoys actually playing with her. Also, I know your avatar but I can't remember who you used to be.

I'm AshleyO925. He has definitely gotten better since she has started smiling and interacting but I still see some issues with his parenting. He says he just does it differently than me. He also has ADHD so I think he has a short attention span when it comes to entertaining her/dealing with her crying etc.

I'm home way more than him since he doesn't get home until 6 most nights and works some weekends so it hasn't been too much of an issue until the thought of him staying at home with her during the day.
    image image
  • Options
    When I got home last night and went to get Aubrey from my mother she was sleeping.  I took her anyway and put her in the swing upstairs while I fed and took my dogs out.  Then she passed out from 6-8, so when she woke up I nursed her and then tried to put her down for the night at 9:30. She did not want to go to sleep, and I was really tired.  So I put her back in the swing.  Buckled her in and went to bed.  She yelled (not cried) just made some noises for a couple mins. and then was silent.  I didn't have to get up with her once all night and slept until 6:30.  It was heavenly.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • Options
    i have a part time nanny. I work form home. Part time. My kid loves her. I love her. I love the sanity having her gives me.

We should be saving that money for a down payment on a house, or paying off car loans, student loans or replenishing what we spent out of savings for maternity leave. But I feel like being happier and calmer mother helps us way more than saving more money. I feel spoiled and lucky. But I just know I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. I suck at it.
  • Options
    I actually have one today! Once MH gets out of the army he wants to be a paramedic so he will be home during the day while I work. My FFFC: I would rather send LO to daycare because I don't like how he acts when he's alone with her. He plays video games while putting her on her playmat and doesn't pay attention to her and also lets her CIO for naps by forcing the pacifier in her mouth instead of letting her spit it out and put it back in which makes her scream until she passes out. He also never wakes up when she cries.

I could have written this.  MH is a great father and he loves LO, but he is just not hands on with her at all.  I am really hoping this changes as she becomes more fun (ie not a sleeping newborn, which she isn't anymore but it's still hard to really play with her).  That's not to say I never just plop her in her swing and take some me time, but MH would do this 90% of the day I am sure.  I know when she's with my dad she's getting cuddles and tummy time and interaction most of the day.

@kare_bear_12 I know, all of the media attention lately has gotten me paranoid about leaving my baby.  I honestly don't think I could ever do it....more often than not I am looking for her and try to get her from the backseat on the rare occasions I do run errands without her.  But I do honestly believe a sleep deprived parent who doesn't normally do drop offs could make this tragic mistake.  My dad watches LO so if I didn't show one day, he would be calling me to see where I am, and I sit and chat with him and snuggle her for at least 15 minutes every morning before I leave, but sometimes through out the day I'll just have a panicked moment, like omg, did I drop her off? 

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    @angelsnight‌ I'm glad I'm not alone! I definitely plop LO down to do dishes or throw in laundry or eat but that's my exact worry that he would do that all day long with her! I hope things get better for you as well.
    image image
  • Options
    cdnmomma said:
    I'm crazy envious, in a good way, of all those who have the option of being sahm.

Me too !! While Im stuck at work I could do so much more at home with my LO. This way  I wouldn't be up till midnight doing laundry and up at 4:30 to go to work
    :((

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @babycaps‌ - Our mornings sound very similar! ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got really stabby yesterday when Obama was in Austin. It was all that was on the TV, and his speech interrupted Days of Our Lives. Plus, the portion I did see of his speech all he was doing was bashing republicans. I'm just really glad I don't live in Austin proper and have to deal with all the traffic! 
    There's no telling how much all that cost!
    I feel you on Days (not that I'm home, but I got caught up on mat leave). As for the rest of it, A) of course he based the Rs. That how this goes. They bash him too. Hell, Boehner is trying to sue him. You can't be surprised. And B) yes, these things cost money, but Presidents can't stay in the WH. Bush travelled the country as well, and it cost money. Again, that's just how it goes.
    I understand there will be some bashing between parties, but yesterday it was pretty extensive; he was in a Republican state, and I don't think it was all necessary. And with the economic state our nation is in, I don't think all the spending is appropriate. Plus, he did nothing to address the immigration issue that is going on at the Texas border right now. (at least I didn't hear him address it, please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options

I immediately delete resumes that don't follow the specific instructions of the job posting. Sending your résumé is the first impression I have of you, and if you can't follow the very first instruction, I'm convinced you won't be able to follow subsequent instructions. I used to feel guilty about it, but the times I did forward the résumé on to the hiring manager, the candidates were disappointments so I don't waste their time anymore.

I also do this.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Options
    I immediately delete resumes that don't follow the specific instructions of the job posting. Sending your résumé is the first impression I have of you, and if you can't follow the very first instruction, I'm convinced you won't be able to follow subsequent instructions. I used to feel guilty about it, but the times I did forward the résumé on to the hiring manager, the candidates were disappointments so I don't waste their time anymore.
    @jennibeanjld I'm so glad you do this. I taught Professional Communications at the high school level, and I always went over resumes. It was difficult though, because they had nothing to put on them. I hope they remember what I taught them, that the Resume is the first impression a potential employer has of them. If grown, educated adults don't know how to produce a proper Resume, they should not get the job, IMO.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• Options
    A couple of weekends ago when I went camping with my sisters and our so's I was pumping and dumping since I didn't think the milk would stay good in our cooler, and I wanted to drink some adult beverages as well. Well my sister and I (not the pregnant one;)) got a little tipsy and I was pumping. I started getting all emotional about having to dump out my milk so she said she'd do it for me. So I handed it to her and she asked me if she could taste it, I was like, ya sure. I was just thinking she would stick her finger in it for a little taste. Um no, she took a big gulp of it out of the bottle. Haha, she drank it down but she was so grossed out, she said, "I wasn't expecting it to be so warm!" Well it's body tempersture, duh.
  • Options

DH hurt his back moving a hot tub and I honestly DGAF. not one F is given. all he has done for the last few months is complain about how tired he is. IDK what the F he is so tired from....I wake up with LO, I take him to grandma's house then go to work, work 8 hours, pick LO up, make the 1 hr commute back home, then either shop for groceries or clean the house. I also do all the cooking, laundry, and care for LO. What does DH do? work. that's it. and he's on afternoon shift right now so he can sleep in until noon if he wants, and isn't with lo at all except on his days off.

sorry, I guess that was more of a bitch than a confession. DH is a great H and dad, I just can't stand him complaining about being tired when I'm still up at midnight trying to pump and get laundry done. so I guess my confession is that IDGAF when is actually tired or hurt. he can STFU. now he knows how it feels.

• Options
    EML2011EML2011 member
    edited July 2014
    I'm absolutely pathetic. This just happened... Call to DH

Me: crying. I. Don't. Crying some more
    DH: WHATS WRONG?! Did something happen to the baby?
    Me: no.... Crying.... I don't wanna go to the pharmacy.
    DH: ummm.... Ok?
    Me: babbling about mom guilt and crying some more
    DH: I guess I can stop on the way home from work?
    Me: oh ok thanks!

I dropped LO off at my MILs for the second time today... The only difference is I don't have an "official" reason for it other than wanting a nap, getting a little cleaning done, and running some errands.

On my way to pick up LO I realized how ridiculous that conversation sounded to DH...

Me: Endo, PCOS, septated uterus (mostly removed)

DH: perfect

Started TTC in June 2011

Baby boy born 3/17/2014

• Options
    I think my used breast pads smell delicious.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I still swaddle and DS can roll from back to stomach. I've tried doing arms out and he wakes himself up every single time.

• Options
    Ever since m
    NanaCook said:

I think my used breast pads smell delicious.

Me to! Like coconut oil and milk
  • Options
    LittlePigeonLittlePigeon member
    edited July 2014
    We have a wedding out of town this month that I am just counting down to because all of my friends will be there without babies to worry about so we can drink and be semi-wild like we were in our early twenties. I am way more excited about this that I probably should be. I feel a little guilty being so excited about being away from LO for the night.
    textimage

• Options
    Ok. So I know what a pack n play is and we have one. But what's a rock n play?!? Can someone post a pic
  • Options
    DiMamaDiMama member
    My confession is that I love baby shoes! The first picture is just an aw!

Evelyn - 3/15/14

• Options
    babycaps said:

cdnmomma said:

Ok. So I know what a pack n play is and we have one. But what's a rock n play?!? Can someone post a pic

Here is a pic!! Contrary to popular belief and practice, this shouldn't be used much past first 6 weeks of life and shouldn't be used ever if baby isn't being watched in his/her sleep, like overnight!
    Woops. I guess I have a FFFC then. I just took ours over to the sitter's for Jackson to sleep in during the day. She was letting him sleep on the couch (with her watching him closely), but now that he's rolling we needed do something else. She said he sleeps amazingly in it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"