December 2014 Moms

XP: Anyone have strong feelings about theses names?

Girls: Elsa, Fiona, Amelia

Boys: Eli, Weston, Finley
BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: XP: Anyone have strong feelings about theses names?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would not do Elsa because of Frozen. It's supposed to be a popular name. Love Amelia. I like Eli, the other two aren't for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a hamster named Fiona, lol! Not a fan of Elsa(Frozen, anyone) but Amelia is super cute!

The boy names are NMS but I would choose Finley.
  • Amelia is my fave. I had it on my list if this little guy was a girl, but I would have spelled w an E. Emelia, just bc I wouldn't want a nn of Amy
    And Eli/Elliot is on my boy list now

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I like Amelia, and Finley 

• Amelia is my favorite out of the girls names. It was on our short list. Elsa is too frozen.

Love all the boys names.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• I like them all. For some reason I feel like I hear of more girl Finley ' s than boy finleys
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • I do kind of like the Emilia trend but MH didn't want me doing an E them since dd is Emery and our last name starts with E

Married: 5/21/05 **~** Emery Aylin 6/30/12

BFP#1-11/5/10- Surgery for ectopic pregnancy 11/15/10 BFP#2-11/1/11 Due 7/8/12 Born 6/30/12
    Oops we did it again... BFP 03/23/14 Due 12/6/14 Nora Born 11/23/14
  • The only Finleys I know all happen to be girls (I know 4 of them) but I love the nn Finn for a boy. Love Fiona and Amelia. Our LO will be Emilia- 90% sure ;)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sadly Elsa is going to be pretty ruined for the next few years thanks to Frozen. My favorites on your list are Amelia and Finley but they are all nice :)
    In memory of the baby Hufflepuff and all the angel babies of D14 <3
    imageimage

• Elsa is going to be a really popular name after Frozen... If you don't mind knowing that then go for it!

I like Weston. It was on my list but DH didn't like it :(
    BabyFetus Ticker

• They are all good. I like Weston a lot. And Finley because I like the nn Finn.
    The only girls name i don't love is Elsa. Again because of the movie. She's a great character-but the whole frozen thing has been sooooo everywhere. Not a bad name if u don't mind everyone asking u if that's why u chose it-even if it isn't.
  • Fiona/Weston :)
  • mcr957mcr957 member
    I really like Amelia and Eli. 

In loving memory of Baby Hufflepuff and all of D14's Angel Babies

imageimage
  • I prefer Elsie or Elise over Elsa. Not really a fan of any of the boy names
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • Although people may immediately think of Frozen when they hear Elsa, I kind of doubt it's going to actually be that popular for little girls as a name since the name was only at  number 500 or so on the Social Security 2013 baby name ranking. Movies give names a boost, but not that much...names like Bella from Twilight were already relatively popular before they made it into the top ten names.

For what it's worth, I love all your names, classic but not too popular!

December 2014 July Siggy Challenge - Favorite Vacation Spot: Greece

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

PitaPata Horse tickers

• Agreed that Elsa will become too much because of Frozen. Finley isn't bad, but I prefer it for a girl. I love Emelia, but prefer an E, not A. What about Flynn for a boy? It didn't use to be my style, but a friend of mine named one of her twins Flynn and not only is he adorable, but it's grown on me since.

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• I like Fiona and Finley. The Great Wolfpack of NC State play at Carter - Finley Stadium so maybe I'm a bit biased :)

• Lia 1127 said:

Any chance you're a fan of the show Burn Notice (Fiona, Michael Weston, Chuck Finley)? :)

I agree with mostly what is said above. With Elsa everyone will think Frozen and with Fiona everyone will think Shrek. So I vote Amelia, which I think is a beautiful name. A friend of my has a daughter named Amelia and she is adorable!

And I like all three of your boys names, but if I had to pick one, I like Weston.

Haha, I wondered if anyone would notice.  My husband and I are both huge fans!!
    BFP#1 4/8/2012 DD born at 35 weeks on 11/10/12
    BFP#2 11/13, Ectopic diagnosed 12/6/13, Tube and Ectopic Removal 12/16/13 
    BFP#3 3/14, Natural M/C 3/18/14 
    BFP#4 4/18/14, heard heart beat (164) 5/14/14, EDD 12/25/14

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"