Parenting after a Loss

~*~*Toddler Check In*~*~

Hey ladies! Sorry I'm a day late. H has this week off before starting his new job Monday, and we've been busy busy busy! Anywho, here's our check in:

How are you doing?

Milestones?

Challenges?

Cute/Funny Stories?

QOTW- Have you taken LO(s) swimming in a big pool or the ocean yet? How did they do?
PAL JULY SIGGY CHALLENGE: CAKE WRECKS
You Made me a mommy... 

Ticker id: ARvP

imageimageimageimageimage
 Lilypie - (KAFM)

Re: ~*~*Toddler Check In*~*~

• Congrats to your husband! That's great news :)

How are you doing? I'm doing good, just have been tired lately. We have been super busy.

Milestones? Madison said cookie, get ( I'm guessing like get away lol), and she's trying to say thank you.

Challenges?
    None really at the moment
    Cute/Funny Stories?
    She loves to sing and dance to frozen songs, it's adorable .
    QOTW- Have you taken LO(s) swimming in a big pool or the ocean yet? How did they do? She hasn't been in the ocean yet, but she has been a in a big pool...she was iffy the first time but after a few times she likes it a lot now and tries to swim on her own lol.
                              Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicphoto r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif
                            Anniversary
                            Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                           BFP#1- April 24th. M/c-April 30th. BFP#2-September 11th. EDD: May 25th. 
                                      It's a girl!!! (: Madison arrived on May 19th at 6:35 am (:
                                                               * July '15 January siggy challenge.*
  • Hi there! Trying to jump back in :)

How are you doing? Doing well! Just trying to enjoy these last 5ish weeks of maternity leave and enjoying being home with the boys and DH (he's a teacher, so summer off). We are going to the beach next week and I can't wait.

Milestones? Not sure if this really qualifies as a milestone, but DS1 has really started catching on to "manners"....he is doing SO well lately with saying please, yes/no ma'am/sir, thank you, etc. I am really proud of him.

Challenges? DS1 has started crying over EVERYTHING lately. It doesn't matter whether it's me telling him "no" or he can't have/do something, whether he gets hurt (like MINOR injuries where he normally would shake it off and be fine), or whether we joke around with him and play with him and he bursts into tears out of nowhere. I mostly chalk it up to still adjusting to having a new baby/sharing attention, but I don't really know how to deal with it. He does so well with the new baby otherwise and he is generally very well-behaved, but this whole crying at the drop of a hat thing is new and I don't really understand.

Cute/Funny Stories? Some of the things that come out of DS1's mouth just crack me up....how much he picks up on things and what he has learned to say and understand still amaze me. Every so often, he throws in a "sweetie" or "honey" when he's telling me something and it cracks me up (I call him those things very often apparently). Oh, and one of his favorite saying and I have NO idea where he got it from - he constantly twists his pants/underwear when he goes to use the bathroom and so he will come ask me to fix them for him b/c "they are all cracked up".

QOTW- Have you taken LO(s) swimming in a big pool or the ocean yet? How did they do? Yes, we have. Our neighborhood has a pool, and we take him to my parents' neighborhood pool (they have a whole section for kids so I prefer to go there), and he does really well. We keep a puddle jumper on him the whole time but he is really starting to get the hang of swimming - he can get from one point to another without assistance. The ocean....well, we're going to the beach next week so we'll see how that goes. Last year when we went to the beach, he loved going into the ocean but wanted to be held and wouldn't want in on his own (the waves were knocking him over and he didn't like that one bit)....so I am interested to see how he reacts this year.

BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Loading the player...
  • How are you doing? I'm well. Tired, but not entirely toddler related.

Milestones? None really.

Challenges? She's been waking up crying around 4am the last few nights. Not sure what it's all about. 

Cute/Funny Stories? I'm just having a blast having conversations with her. We are in the middle of potty training and while I was changing DD#2's diaper, DD#1 came in and said, "Oh, no. She didn't potty in the toilet."

QOTW- Have you taken LO(s) swimming in a big pool or the ocean yet? How did they do? We took her to the beach last summer and she loved it. Haven't done it yet this year. She has water days twice a week at her preschool where they splash around in a kiddie pool. She loves it.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Congrats on his new job!

How are you doing?

Pretty good.  Tired, but good.  DH is at sea, so I am in the midst of two weeks solo with both kids.

Milestones?

First time saying his sisters name (I think.  He was kissing her head and said, "Lee Lee", her name is Calleigh).  First dog bite.

Challenges?

Yesterday he was spinning like a maniac and landed on the dog.  Dog nipped him in the ear.  Our dog is a saint with the kids and it was for sure provoked (it hurts when D lands on you!), but it was an adventureful evening.  Me lugging both kids to the ER on my own.  No stitches were needed, thankfully.

The other challenge is that DS is really pushing things with using temper tantrums to get what he wants.  Seeing him interact with his therapist made me realize he was playing me.  So I've been clamping down on letting his tantrums work on me.  He's not happy about this.

Cute/Funny Stories?

My boy is Thomas obsessed.  Seriously.  He's in a Thomas fort thing right now with his Thomas toy.  He sleeps with said toy.  He prefers his Thomas clothes.  The cuteness is watching him scramble to get to the livingroom on the video monitor if I turn on an episode of Thomas.  He hears the song and comes running.

QOTW- Have you taken LO(s) swimming in a big pool or the ocean yet? How did they do?

He has been in both.  LOVED it. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"