Working Moms
Options

Would you sign this agreement?

The employment agreement I received says something to the effect of " employee will have a 12 week probationary period where she is expected to complete the goals outlined by employer," but it doesn't state what the goals are.  HR said that the goals will be set when I start.  I asked that they just change it to say that I have a 12 week probationary period if they can't spell out what the goals are in the agreement.  I think a 90 day probationary period is pretty standard and it is at-will employment, so they could fire me for anything at any time.  I'm not sure why this part about meeting goals is in there and I'm not sure if it is really important, but I do know that I don't feel like agreeing to something that isn't specified.

Re: Would you sign this agreement?

• Options
    DH is an attorney that works on contracts. He says it's a moot poing - they can fire you at any time anyway... it won't impress anyone if you try to negotiate this a lot - but do ask on the first day what the goals are.
  • Options
    I agree with Goldie - if it is at-will employment anyway, this is kind of arbitrary.  I would just ask up front what the goals are when you start.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"