December 2012 Moms
Options

Fly girl-update

dlbello23dlbello23 member
edited July 2014 in December 2012 Moms
So dd did not want to go to bed last night so she took it upon herself to dive head first out of her crib! She banged it on something and had two purple welts on the side of her head. I put her back in again thinking if I took her bumper off she would have no leverage up and then five min later boom again. So needless to say she slept with us last night, she didn't go to bed until 1130, my back is sore this am. This kid is slowly killing me lol. Everyday is a new adventure with her. Today I converted her crib into a toddler bed, so we will see how tonight goes! I was so not ready for her to be out of the crib yet, but she had other plans! Also I'm afraid she is going to really hurt herself jumping out, I thought with the bumps last night possible er visit, but she was ok thank god!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Fly girl-update

• Options
    Oh wow! How scary! I'm glad she's okay. Thankfully LO isn't climbing out but he is just about too big to be in his crib anymore, let us know how it goes tonight!! I'll be trying a toddler bed sooner than I'd like too.
  • Options

Some nights lately, nothing has seemed to work, and we've put DD in her crib crying.  I'm getting scared that she'll do something similar since she's mad about being in there.  We have a twin bed that we're waiting for the mattress for (their delivery schedule has gotten messed up with the 4th), and I just need her to be okay in there another 10 days or so.

Glad that your LO is alright.  Definitely scary.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Good luck tonight !
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    DD#1 December '12
    DD#2 New Year's Baby '15
    Married 07/09
  • Options
    So last night was our first night in the toddler bed, she screamed and cried for about an hour because she didn't want to lay down in the bed. Finally after doing it for almost an hour I sat next to the bed and every time she tried to get up I laid her back down, after about 10 times she laid down and I rubbed her back and she fell asleep. I felt bad she was really crying bad but I rocked her and she kept falling asleep and waking up every time I laid her down, it was just a bad cycle. She fell out once and I put her back around 4 am but she slept through it, our toddler rail hasn't come in the mail yet but I figured if she dives out head first a small few inch fall is not going to hurt her. I wasn't prepared at all bring this happened over night, but we survived the first night!!! This am she was all smiley and kept saying "hi, mama" which made me feel better, she doesn't hold a grudge;) lol

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad that it went well!  We recently switched rooms at daycare into the toddler room, and they have cots for naptime.  They do something similar of continually putting them back in bed and then rubbing their backs until they fall asleep.  After the first week, they said that they (mostly) will lay down on their own now.  I'm sure that after a couple nights, she'll get the hang of it too.

imageimage

• Options
    I'm glad the first night went well! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yayyy for surviving! That's all we can hope for sometimes :) How did night 2 go? I hope a little better and not worse!
  • Options
    Night 2 went even better. We started our normal routine, then I brought her in her room and rocked her for five min. Then I said time to get in your bed and she said "noo" I told her "mommy is right here it's ok" and put her down. I rubbed her back for five more min and then said," it's time to go to sleep mommy loves you" and I left. I was waiting for her to freak out and cry but she just laid there and went to sleep. Stayed in her bed all night too. This used to be our routine before she rebelled with being in the crib. So I'm hoping she back to her normal bedtime routine and doesn't start freaking out again. Who knows what she was thinking in her little mind for 2 days but glad she's ok being in her bed again but now a toddler bed.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Just jumping in to suggest a pool noodle under the fitted sheet.  Keeps LO from rolling out until the rail comes in.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered one off of Amazon it is made by dex baby and it's a conversion toddler rail, but a pool noodle is a great idea never thought of that. This is a pic of her bed now

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Don't know why it's sideways but u get the idea, the rail attaches to the metal frame of the crib

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't like how small the white one for the crib was, didn't seem like it covered enough of the side that's why I got the one I did. I think they are universal to all cribs.

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"