Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

question about bleeding

Hello, I miscarried Sunday night, lost big clots, and saw the sac. I have heavy bleeding, similar to that of a bad period, but the cramps are hell. I never take pills for them, but now I am taking pills, and using heating pad. I am still passing some clots, dark in color, sometimes the smaller ones have a little gray. Is this normal? I'm used to light periods, so I am trying to take it with a grain of salt, but when will the clots stop? I'm currently day four after the big loss, wishing I could see the end in sight. The bleeding isn't over the top, but I hate the clots!

Re: question about bleeding

• I wish I could give you an exact answer but unfortunately everyone is different. It is normal to have clotting even after the majority is over but my doctor told me that it can depend on whether or not there is retained tissue. This is what occurred in my case as I took cytotec on 06/23 but because I still had clotting and cramping two weeks later, I had a scan that showed retained tissue so they had me do a D&C when another round of cytotec didn't work. My case is really the worst end of the spectrum, hopefully it'll let up for you in a few days but if not I'd go back and see if they can confirm that it is over rather than leaving you in limbo. I would say if the cramping is minimal that you are at the end.

Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

BFP #1 05/19/14, EDD 01/19/15, MMC 06/12/14 

BFP #2 10/10/14, EDD 06/19/15

• So sorry. I would say it could be normal. Listen to your body. If something doesn't feel right you should probably go in. Also, the further along your pregnancy was, the chances of having more clots increases. The uterine lining thickens during pregnancy and during the miscarriage it all needs to shed. *TMI alert* With my first m/c I had a d&c at 12w6d (baby died at 11 weeks). The clots I passed after a few doses of misoprostal were very large and very frequent. I'm sure if I had a natural miscarriage this would have continued for quite a while. With my last m/c I was only 5w3d. I had small clots and they continued up until day 4 or 5... Bleeding stopped after day 8.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"