February 2015 Moms
Options

Let's talk "grooming" habits

CatLadyTXCatLadyTX member
edited July 2014 in February 2015 Moms
I did some ahem, "personal grooming" and touch ups this morning, in anticipation for my appointment tomorrow. What are your personal grooming habits? I know they see all kinds of horror shows, so I'm curious.
F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
 BabyFruit Ticker

Let's talk "grooming" habits 178 votes

Welcome to the jungle
10% 19 votes
Trimmed and neat
45% 81 votes
Landing strip
10% 18 votes
Nothing there
29% 53 votes
Special Snowflake
0% 0 votes
Who Cares?
3% 7 votes

Re: Let's talk "grooming" habits

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cls78cls78 member
    edited July 2014
    Ughhhh. I have not trimmed up since vacation in May. A few weeks ago I meant to, but I have been feeling like crap at times and no energy. I have been going to a bunch of Dr. appts with weekly U/S and I just had a pap the other day. Oh well. I do shave my bikini area, but that is all the grooming down there I have done lately.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hernsy said:
    I'm trimmed and neat to bare. Here's my two cents on it-if I or anyone/anything peed on the hair on my head it would immediately get washed. So why is it ok to pee on the hair down there and leave it all day? Feel free to comment.
    If someone/something peed on any portion of bare skin of my body, it would get immediately washed, but I don't immediately wash the skin down there every time I pee. Your analogy doesn't quite make sense....

Anyways, I'm all over the map with my grooming- sometimes its a jungle, other times bare. It's all in how I feel and my DH doesn't give a shit. 
  • Options
    I shave except not my pubic bone area because it would get too irritated. That I just keep trimmed. Am I weird? Whatever, I do what I want!! :>
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Options
    I'm bare....shave everything, every morning. Body hair grosses me out, I like to be smooth and smelling wonderful!
  • Options
    I shave my bikini like so that I don't look crazy in a bathing suit, can't be bothered beyond that.  Also, my skin tends to be very sensitive, so even shaving my bikini line can be rather painful, I can't imagine doing the whole thing.

BFP #1 11/02/13, EDD 07/04/14, BO diagnosed 12/12/13 at 9w5d
    BFP #2 6/12/14, DD born 2/21/15

• Options
    HernsyHernsy member
    amt0312 said:

Hernsy said:

I'm trimmed and neat to bare. Here's my two cents on it-if I or anyone/anything peed on the hair on my head it would immediately get washed. So why is it ok to pee on the hair down there and leave it all day?

Feel free to comment.

If someone/something peed on any portion of bare skin of my body, it would get immediately washed, but I don't immediately wash the skin down there every time I pee. Your analogy doesn't quite make sense....

Anyways, I'm all over the map with my grooming- sometimes its a jungle, other times bare. It's all in how I feel and my DH doesn't give a shit. 

That's true & probably something I don't want to think about. Lol

Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I went into a salon recently and the girl was offering this...

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=vajazzle
  • Options
    agm04agm04 member
    brazilian waxer here.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I shave down to bare once a week. If I shave sooner than that, my skin gets so irritated. I feel sexy shaved bare plus I get itchy when it turns into a jungle. My DH doesn't care either way.

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Ive had laser hair removal for it all...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Oem617Oem617 member
    I get waxed every 6 weeks or so. Shaving irritates my skin.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    agm04agm04 member
    mahalo3 said:
    I got a Brazilian wax once, and I am still traumatized. My husband wants me to do it again, but seriously, he needs to get his balls waxed before it's even an option. 
    HAHA i always tell my husband men wouldn't last a second with a wax.  They have no idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have been a regular Brazilian waxer, but I too find it traumatizing and prep every appointment with 2 advils and a chugged beer, and still sweat nervous bullets and tear up because of the pain.   I haven't found the courage to go "drugless" yet, and I'm sort of wondering if that level of anxiety/pain hurts the baby at all!   Needless to say, it's been getting more treacherous down there!
  • Options

I am dying. Dead. Is this real?
  • Options

I want to get bedazzled!
    =D>

Married 9/10/11 * BFP 6/9/14 * EDD 1/25/15

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am dying. Dead. Is this real?

Yes they offer butterflies, shapes and different words. I couldn't believe people actually get this.

You might have to check out the website for designs and blingy options.
  • Options
    Normally waxed smooth but since pregnant only shaving (although that itches like hell!). Must investigate if waxing or using hair removal cream is OK for pregnant...
  • Options
    FYI in the end waxing will leave you brewsed down there! There is just too much extra blood that travels to the area during the last month:)
    TTC 31\2 years
    20 medicated cycles of some kind, 8 failed IUIs (every med combo possible) 
    5/14/14 IVF # 1, 6dp5dt BFP,  
    Betas 8dp5dt- 67, 14dp -670, 17dp -1761, 20dp-4858, 27dp-28,800
    6/11/14 6w3d Twins!!! - EDD Feb 1st

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ouchie. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I get horrible ingrown hairs.. i waxed but since i'm pregnant i just trim, my skin is waaaaay to sensitive now.
  • Options

Was it expensive? Did it hurt?;

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Now that is intriguing...
    Baby Nolan  is on his way! EDD 2/22/15 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just take scissors to it. I'm saying trimmed and neat, but it probably looks a mess. But a short mess :) 

I've had a bikini wax, but you all that get brazilians are way tougher than I am!
    Pregnancy Ticker

BFP #1: 8/2012; EDD 5/4/2013; MC 10/2012 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 4/2013; EDD 1/4/2014; MC 5/2013 @ 8 weeks
    BFP #3: 7/2013; EDD 4/4/2014; MC 8/2013 @ 5 weeks
    BFP #4: 12/1/2013; EDD 8/13/2014; D&E 1/17/2014 @ 10 weeks
    BFP #5: 5/27/2014; EDD 2/3/2015
    8/7/2014 It's a boy!
  • Options
    Oooooh the Brazilian left my lady parts so baby smooth I couldn't stop touching myself in awe that my skin could feel so soft!

I've gotten incredibly lazy though and it's now a jungle down there. I've shaved bare before but the ingrown hairs and the itchies suck. I should start trimming it up but DH doesn't give a shit so I haven't been motivated to do it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I highly recommend and electric shaver. Not all are good but I swear by my conair satiny smooth. There's nothing like it. I get extreme razor burn when I shave so one day I bought the electric shaver. Never went back to regular razors. It literally gets down to the skin and NO razor burn.
  • Options
    MeagCMeagC member
    I use an electric razor to shave it bare and have gotten it all waxed before. I am hoping to see my wax girl a few times once I can't see what's happening down there anymore
    image       image
  • Options
    I've gotten a Brazilian and it's amazing but a little pricy. So I just use the electric.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"