Two Under 2

ok, who got pregnant on the mini pill?

and was it because you didnt take it at the same time each day?

I had paragard IUD and had a lot of annoying symptoms with it, I stuck it out until DD was 10.5 months and then got it out. We dont want to TTC until she is 18m or older, and we are bad with condoms (its too tempting to not use one and TTC ;)

SO I just got on the mini pill since Im still BFing...I plan on weaning her around 12 or so months, and then getting on the reg pill. It wouldnt be horrible if I got pg, but we would like to wait a little.

Anyone have experience with the mini pill? good ot bad? thanks! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ok, who got pregnant on the mini pill?

• ME! And yes, it is most likely because I almost never took it at the same time every day and I took it long after I stopped BFing. I was stupid and naive, lol. I cant blame the mini pill but I would never use it again because we are done and I wouldnt want to risk it.

someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • my DD nurses about 4 times in 24 hours, is it less effective if you nurse less? I am only taking it for a month or two until I am done BFing.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCaitlinJ22:
    my DD nurses about 4 times in 24 hours, is it less effective if you nurse less? I am only taking it for a month or two until I am done BFing.

From my understanding...yes, it does become less effective the less you BF. I stopped BFing Lil around 6 months and got KU when she was 10 months so there was a long period of time where I wasn't BFing at all.

someecards.com - I love the sound you make when you shut up. Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I did...I got PG when DD was 10 weeks old. I was EBF and on the mini pill. I never missed a pill and took it about the same time every night. I was only on it for two months before my BFP.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I got pregnant on the mini pill taking it every day at the same time. I take a few other things at the same time and have for 10+ years so I didnt have much trouble with that part. I was breastfeeding full time. I have 2U2.  I am back on Mirena ( which I had before TTC with DD) I was not about to try the mini pill again.
  • i wasnt on the mini pill but was still EBF. Love your new siggy!
  • edited July 2014
    Let me start by saying I haven't been on birth control since I was 15. I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old. I didn't plan on any more kids for at least another 3 years. Had no problem with that before. But I got on the mini pill because I'm EBF my 4 month old. I take my bc the same time EVERY day! I haven't missed a single day. I have my alarm set on my phone for it. I went to the obgyn for a annual exam and found out I'm 5 weeks pregnant with twins. How is it that I finally get on some sort of bc and it makes me more fertile!?
  • ebp913ebp913 member
    I did and I was not happy about it.  Will definitely be getting an IUD after this.  I'm not risking it again. I had just stopped BFing, hadn't had a period, was on the mini pill and still got pregnant.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"