December 2014 Moms

Heart rate and sex

Who already knows the sex of their baby and can remember the heart rate? I'm curious to see who followed the heart rate/sex rule. I think the general theory is over 160 is a boy and under is a girl.

With DS this was true. This LO has a lower heart rate and I'm factoring in that into my guess (for fun). We find out next Friday, but I'm just curious about others experiences.

Re: Heart rate and sex

• she was 134 when we went two weeks ago : )

btw, everything pointed to boy, chinese gender, tons of migraines/headaches, no morning sickness, no face breakouts, so I never in a million years imagined a girl. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought the cut off was more like 150. 
    IIRC DD's HR was always around 150, so in the middle/gray area, and she's a she. These babies have high-ish HRs (150s-160s) and I don't know their sex yet, but yesterday my acupuncturist told me she though it was one boy and one girl by 'reading' my pulse.  

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Well, don't put stock in this because there is zero legit science behind it. However, with my DD the heart rate was usually between 150-160. This baby is a boy and it has been different each time, but maybe 145 as an average. On average, I would say his has been slightly less than DD.
  • 163 and a baby boy!
  • I think the old wives tale is under 140 is a boy and over is a girl.  We find out the sex in a week, but it's been a different heart rate each time we've been in. 

my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

• Baby boy was 142 this morning at my appointment.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Heart rate has been 145-150's every time and we are guessing baby boy. We find out today if baby cooperates.
  • RayRay007 said:
    I thought the cut off was more like 150. 
    IIRC DD's HR was always around 150, so in the middle/gray area, and she's a she. These babies have high-ish HRs (150s-160s) and I don't know their sex yet, but yesterday my acupuncturist told me she though it was one boy and one girl by 'reading' my pulse.  
    @rayray007 when do you find out the sex of them? 
    July 21, sooo far away ;) 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

• My son's heart rate was generally around 150-160 and this LO who is a girl has also had a high heart rate similar to my sons. I don't think this OWT holds any merit but that's just my opinion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• All of the old wives tales (except for this one) pointed to boy for me and I'm having a boy. Take it with a grain of salt though! I know a lot of people who have had the opposite happen :)

DS1: 12/17/2014
    DS2: born sleeping at 26 weeks on 8/8/2016 due to chromosomal deletion
    Pregnant with baby 3 -  EDD 9/14/2017

• Hi! We have a wonderful certified sonographer in Charlotte, NC and we did our gender determination ultrasound at 14 weeks. We are having a boy this time and his heart rate has been between 140 and 147 at every prenatal visit and at that ultrasound. When I was pregnant with my first daughter her heart rate was always over 160bpm. Have a great rest of the week!
    You can find out more about me and my crazy life at: http://iamemilyanne.com

• 185 and a boy.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • kelnyckelnyc member
    This OWT doesn't hold water, unfortunately. It depends more on your heart rate, which is determined mostly by you being bigger or smaller. If you are more petite, then your heart rate will tend to be faster, and so will the baby's (true for me with both daughters, who hovered between 145-160) and vice versa if you are a bigger gal. Their heart rate will also change as they grow, so it is very tough to make any sort of guess based on HR alone.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• My DS was 160 and hes a boy lol and this babys is 140 but dont find out sex till the 21st
  • Mines in the 160s and I'm having a boy :)
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • ebl2ebl2 member
    HR was 181 the first time we heard it (around 8 weeks) and it's a girl 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

• kelnyc said:

This OWT doesn't hold water, unfortunately. It depends more on your heart rate, which is determined mostly by you being bigger or smaller. If you are more petite, then your heart rate will tend to be faster, and so will the baby's (true for me with both daughters, who hovered between 145-160) and vice versa if you are a bigger gal. Their heart rate will also change as they grow, so it is very tough to make any sort of guess based on HR alone.

I can't take a lot of stock in this either, unfortunately. I'm a "bigger gal" with a fast hr who has a baby with a fast hr.
    TEACHER*ANIMAL LOVER*BOOK ENTHUSIAST*TRAVEL DREAMER
    married since July 2009, TTC since May 2013, BFP April 5, 2014! 
    IT'S A BOY!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
    image   gifs leonardo dicaprio romeo + juliet
    Summer Dog/Winter Dog    D14 AUG. SIGGY CHALLENGE: TEEN CRUSH- LEO

• Eliz77Eliz77 member
    edited July 2014
    My baby's HB was 158 both times we had the NT scan done at 12wks4 and 13wks. At 14wks4, HB was around 166 on doppler. I am a bigger gal, but have always had a lower end of normal HR. No idea what that all means, but baby is a boy!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• I am not thinking of this as a science! I just thought it was fun. It's interesting that everyone has different experiences and yet the tale is there. I guess when you have a 50/50 chance, you can make anything a sex predictor "thing" and you're bound to be right some of the time.
  • I've been told under 140 means boy, over 140 means girl. This one had been between 140 and 155 and I'm having a boy. However with my daughter hers was always above 160.

• 150 and a girl.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby girl due 12-13-14!

D14 October siggy challenge
                        DD two years ago, my adorable little pirate

• I was at the doctor's today and the heartbeat of my baby girl was 150 :).
    BFP #1 - 03/13 Ectopic @ 5 weeks
    BFP#2 - 09/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #3 - 12/13 Natural m/c @ 6 weeks
    BFP #4 - 04/14   EDD - 9/12/14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Heartbeat of my baby GIRL has always been in the 150's every time. I have a Doppler in my home and she has never fallen below 150.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"