Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

BFIng Irregular Period?

Hey ladies, I have been breastfeeding since LO was born. I didn't have a period until he turned 10 months old and I finally got my first one again the day he turned 10 months. Now he is almost one and I haven't had another period. Most of my friends, once theirs returned, it continued. But mine hasn't come back. I took pregnancy test a few days after it was due, and a week late to be sure and they were both negative. Haven't taken one since. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: BFIng Irregular Period?

• Options
    It's normal. Your hormones are not the same and it isn't unheard of for a mothers cycle to significantly change with each pregnancy.

A mom could have had a predicable 28 day cycle before her child and then have a 40 day one after. Or they could have random anovulatory (sp?) cycles.

The general rule if thumb is, if it's been 60 days since your last cycle, call your dr.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Mine has been irregular this time around. 

I don't remember when things regulates post DD1 but I know she was 9 months old before I even got a period.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My first period came at 7 months after my baby was born and it's been two months and I haven't had another. Ob said it's normal and as I decrease breastfeeding I should become more regular.
  • Options
    With DS1, my period came back at 5 months and was like clockwork almost immediately.  With DS2, I spotted at 7 months for two days, then again at 9 months for a day, and nothing since.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    So does the spotting for a day or two count as a period and mean I ovulated?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"