December 2014 Moms
Options

Someone make me stop buying cloth diapers!

I've already got about 20, but I've got 22 arriving tomorrow and another 32 customs on order coming mid August.
These new prints were released today and I am sitting here at ass-o'clock in the morning wondering if I am insane for ordering more. 
I MEAN SERIOUSLY, HOW CUTE.

Re: Someone make me stop buying cloth diapers!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So you will have a total of 74? It might be time to stop!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I feel my addiction starting to grow as well! FTM and I just made the decision a couple weeks ago that we would be cloth diapering. I told myself I would wait to buy until we found out the sex. That didn't work out, haha.
  • Options
    Step away... what if you don't end up liking a particular kind you're buying and end up with 20+ diapers to sell? Stick with the stash you've ordered, test it out, and then go from there.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Options
    You have a problem! It's like me and shoes. Step away from the computer!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    haleyusf said:
    Step away... what if you don't end up liking a particular kind you're buying and end up with 20+ diapers to sell? Stick with the stash you've ordered, test it out, and then go from there.
    Selling/trading is half the fun, haha! I am buying different brands etc based off what I used with my son, so hopefully I wont have much issue.
  • Options
    I do. It's a long standing addiction. 
    My son is now 8, you can spot his little arm in there... somewhere.
  • Options
    I do. It's a long standing addiction. 
    My son is now 8, you can spot his little arm in there... somewhere.

I will admit to being envious of your stash. :D
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    I'm still about 8+ away from having my stash completed, so I am definitely also envious :)  Can't decide if I want to completely commit to every other day laundry or get a few extras so I can have that cushion every now and then.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Options
    I plan to do every other day, I just want a very large rotation so they last me all 3 years and still in shape for resell.
    PLUS ADORABLE
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I should also mention, that I am ordering them all though co-ops so I am paying about $3 per pocket, about $5 per stuffable All in one, and about a dollar fifty per charcoal bamboo insert so none of that is helping either, haha.
    they sell really well, about $12 even if they're used So if i hate them I should not have any problem off loading them
  • Options
    Where are you finding them at that price?!?!
  • Options
    Find a corner of your closet, curl into a ball, rock back and forth chanting "I have enough cloth diapers, I have enough cloth diapers"
    Works about 50% of the time. :)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image image image image image image
  • Options
    haleyusf said:

I'm still about 8+ away from having my stash completed, so I am definitely also envious :)  Can't decide if I want to completely commit to every other day laundry or get a few extras so I can have that cushion every now and then.

You can also always change your mind if you get the 8 and realize you're stressing about the laundry rotation :) And you can keep a few disposables handy to tide you over if needed.
    Baby GIRL born 12/11/14!!
    MC @ 8 wks 7/6/13 - ectopic @ 6 wks 12/28/13

In loving memory of sweet baby HP, and all our angel babies. Forever in our hearts.image 

• Options
    Yes, please share where you're getting such great deals! I'll take some of that buying off your hands ;)
  • Options
    How do I join these coops!!!!!
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    They're mainly FB co-ops.
    I got all the Alva from Honest Moms co-op. if you friend Honest Moms, she will send you an ivnite to the secret group.
    I got the custom Happy Flutes from Newborn Cloth Diapers and Beyond, and You Hoo co-op. 
    if you join the co-op reviews and discussions group, they usually advertise in there when any group is running diapers.

People LOVE the Happy Flute and Alva, but a lot of people also love THX, Kawaii and JC Trade. 
    Honest Moms is about to open a Happy Flute Custom order with charcoal bamboo inners, and Newborn Cloth and beyond is about to open another Happy Flute AI2.

I've been ordering pacifier clips, baby legs, legos for my son for Christmas. I might go broke, haha.
  • Options
    OH!
    if y'all are like me and ordering Christmas already since we'll be super pregnant/dealing with newborns, Honest Moms has a Melissa and Doug buy open now, too!
  • Options
    I love bummis and thirstie's and bum genius. Any good leads on where to buy them?
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

• Options
    @Cheekers2010 -- I've been getting my bumgenius on various sites that do 20% coupons like vine.com, buybuybaby, etc. Target has a deal right now on them that is 15% off when you buy two or more, so I got a couple of the 2-packs plus the 5% off for RedCard and free shipping. Cotton Babies usually has a coupon going, too, and their previous season colors are on clearance.

DS born 10/22/2008
    DD born 12/23/2014

m/c @10wks 12/2007
    m/c @4wks 3/2014

• Options
    I'm addicted to cloth diapering as well and have been buying even before I was pregnant. I have quite the stash going but they are not co-op diapers so I'm not even going to say what I've been paying for them..,
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I will keep you in mind for BG's when I see them. I had a really bad expirience with them but I know lots of people who adore them.
    Abby's Lane often has great deals on them, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"