New York Babies

Any Diamond Institute clients?

Eliz77Eliz77 member
edited July 2021 in New York Babies
Started using them last month and rather unhappy. I think my displeasure is a result of the front office/receptionists (messed up appointments, rude receptionists when asking for getting info to Dr) than the Drs but I barely have spoken to drs so who knows. Just curious what other's experiences have been and if I should seek another place. Thanks!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
TTC #1 since October 2012
BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

Re: Any Diamond Institute clients?

• I am going else where after meeting with the doctors three times and not having a good experience....

Ive been told different things from both doctors regarding my test results!

one said " your tubes look fine, both are open, your ovaries are fine, some small follicles but those are normal" when I asked if I had PCOS like the other Doc said was told "maybe a little"

the other doctor looked at results and said " well since you have problems with your tubes and have PCOS with cysts on your ovaries it will be hard for you to conceive on your own" 

when I questioned him he got sort of defensive and a little loud. He was pushing for IVF and Scared us into not wanting to try drugs bc "you have a much higher chance of multiples and that is dangerous and it is not as successful as IVF". He knows our insurance covers IVF so I Felt like he was a car salesman trying to sell us.  And we kind of like ok are you gona do it or not because I will need to start your paper work. like needed an answer rgith then and there.  Even though we told him how we didn't want to try IVF right away, since we hadn't tried anything else.

And he told me "I don't think you are ovulating" I said well cant we check to see if I am and he said no! Ive done enough research the last few months that I know you can ovulate.  And I am worried about my progesterone and he said nope its fine, but never checked me on CD 21! also my glucose was high and did not recommend a diet change and maybe some metformin to see it that helps.

the icing on the cake was when I called to get my medical records for a second opinion. they gave me a really hard time.  and charged $1 per page.  Most places will give them to you for free if it is your first time asking. and of course when I received them about 10 of the pages were duplicates!

• Eliz77Eliz77 member
    @Lazynella I commented to your post on my other thread, but I definitely was not happy with DI either. I vote RMA if you need to look elsewhere, not sure if it is too far for you.

Another comment-I also tried to get my records sent and they quoted the same price. I ended up not bothering since my new Dr was going to repeat all my blood work and do a SHG anyway. I just wanted him to see my HSG so I wouldn't have to redo that. I did have a copy of my CD 3 blood work that DI did, but nothing else. When I graduated to o/b, RMA emailed me ALL of my records for free-I could've had a copy sent via mail or I could've picked them up, and I chose email. Not sure what DI would've done if I graduated to an o/b through them. Maybe ask your new RE if they need the records or would do their own tests anyway.

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Loading the player...
  • I just went to Hudson valley fertility, I know they have mixed reviews, but so far so good. I met with the nurse practitioner Courtney who was awesome and she does everything but the surgeries. So far I like it there, she is taking my opinion into consideration and not poo pooing all the research I've done which makes me feel good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"