December 2014 Moms
Options

Joining team...

BLUE!! I can't believe it I was sure we were having another girl. :-) I'm excited to have one of each sex to complete our family.
I'm a bit bummed about our boy name though... we wanted to use my dads name Joseph but my sister objected since that would mean she can't use it for her future babies. Totally understandable but I'm still bummed. So now Joseph will be baby boys middle name.
Opinions for a first name ladies? Our top 3 now are Cooper, Lucas (nn Luke), and Russell (nn Russ).
Let me know what you think , new name options are appreciated too!

Re: Joining team...

• Options
    Krisx2Krisx2 member
    SLC1102 said:
    Congrats!  Is your sister also pregnant?  If not, I'm not sure why she has rights to a name...
    Exactly my thought. Of the names you listed, the only one I don't like is Lucas. It just doesn't flow well with Joseph as a MN in my opinion.

Mio Marito per Sempre: Married 2009. SD is 12 yrs. DD is 4 yrs.

DS born 12/29/14

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm also a tad confused by not being able to use them name... Unless she's pregnant with a boy and you are both agreeing not to use it. She may never even have a boy..... And there really isn't any reason you each couldn't name your son's Joseph to honor him and then pick different NN. 

Totally your business though! Congratulations on a boy, they are so much fun! 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ya unless your sister also agreed not to use it, it's not fair at all.  I would have a longer conversation with her about how much the name means to you.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    Congrats!

I also agree with PP, if she isn't pregnant with a boy, then there is a chance that no one will get to use the name. My father passed away when I was young. My sister had a boy and since he was the first, he got my father's name. Unless she is pregnant with a boy, I think she is being unreasonable.
  • Options
    Congrats! Why can't you use Joseph? If your sister isn't currently pregnant with a boy she has no right to the name. Unless the 2 of you agreed on this years ago or something...but still, no guarantee she'll ever have a boy! Of the other names you listed I like Lucas or Cooper. :)
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the opinions!
    In answer to all your questions no my sister is not pregnant. She's still in college and not married so I think kids are a ways off for her. She knows why I want to use the name but she feels its not fair that only one of us gets the option to use it as the first name. We agreed last night to use it as middle name only for us both. i think she didn't bring it up in case we have another girl and it wouldn't be an issue but since baby is a boy that makes it an issue for her.
    Our dad is awesome so I get why she wants the option to include it in her children's names. But it will seriously suck if she never has boys and its all for nothing. Our dad isn't my biological dad and he never treated me like anything but his own. I was 3 when he and my mom married, my sister came along a few years later. 
    Its not ideal but its just a name right? Not worth upsetting my sister. :-\
  • Options
    Congrats! Boys are a lot of fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"