Cincinnati Babies
Options

Shoes for 1 y.o. for summer?

Those of you who had a one year old last summer, what kind of shoes did you have them in?  Especially for outdoor play?  I've seen great sales on crocs and croc sandals and I don't know if these are good for little ones just walking, etc.  What's your opinion?

Re: Shoes for 1 y.o. for summer?

• Options

If they just started walking I would invest in a good shoe. Jackson wore Pedipeds and Stride Rites all summer. Now he wears whatever....

GL!

• Options

Evan just started walking about a month ago so completely different season but I agree with Melissa about getting some good shoes when they first start to walk. I think they make some sandle types at Stride Rite.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We kept Nora in pedipeds for the most part. They aren't especially good for outdoor play since they have a soft sole so when I knew we'd be playing in rocky areas, I had a pair of semi-hard sole shoes I got at Target to put her in. I think it was the Osh-Kosh brand.

• Options

I put Rylee in a pair of gym shoes that had a really really flexible sole.. but was still rubber to protect her feet. They were like my all time favorite shoe.. I wish she still fit into them

Picture868copy.jpg picture by vixnic

• Options
    Another vote for Pedipeds!   I think if the Crocs fit well then they can work too.  I liked the Crocs because if we did any kind of water play they protected his toes and dried out easily.  The important thing with a new walker is protecting their toes and finding a shoe that is very flexible.  
  • Options
    Ava did fine in her Crocs, but she was usually wearing a pair of soft soled sandals... check out pedipeds.com. 
    Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"